Events | Norman Finkelstein: How to solve the Israel- Palestine conflict
New in Ceasefire, The Ceasefire Sessions - Posted on Saturday, November 5, 2011 19:58 - 1 Comment
University of Nottingham Palestinian Society
University of Leicester PSC
DMU Palestine Peace Society
UoN Arab Society
Norman G. Finkelstein
One of the world’s leading commentators on the Israel/Palestine issue.
How to solve the Israel- Palestine conflict
Wednesday, November 9 · 17:45pm – 21:00pm
Open Q&A seminar
Thursday, November 10 · 13:00 – 15:00
The Coates Auditorium Building (University of Nottingham – Main Campus )
(Free entry for members of the Palestinian Society who reserve tickets beforehand)
Norman G. Finkelstein received his doctorate in 1988 from the Department of Politics at Princeton University. For many years he taught political theory and the Israel-Palestine conflict. He is currently an independent scholar.
Norman Finkelstein is the author of five books which have been translated into more than 40 foreign editions: Beyond Chutzpah: On the misuse of anti-Semitism and the abuse of history (University of California Press, 2005; expanded paperback edition, 2008) The Holocaust Industry, and much more.
For tickets and queries check the event’s Facebook page or text/call 07411430873.
SIGNED COPIES OF PROFESSOR FINKELSTEIN’S BOOKS WILL BE ON SALE AT THE EVENT.
Leave a Reply
- Ideas | “You are not You anymore”: On the Torture of Theon Greyjoy
- Analysis | Burning Down the House: The Danger of Normalising Trump’s Fascism
- Comment | Beyond Prevent: How to Really Defeat Violent Extremism
- Analysis | Borders are a weapon of racism and austerity, not a solution to either
- Comment | To Leave or Not to Leave the EU: A British Muslim Perspective
More In Politics
- Comment | When is a rapist no longer a rapist? On the cost-free repentance of Tom Stranger
- Comment | Fifty years on, the Black Panthers should be honoured — Not in prison
- Comment | Anti-Imperialism: A Short Guide in 7 Steps
- Comment | Growing international recognition of Western Sahara offers new hope for Africa’s Last Colony
- Politics | “We are the lions, Mr. Manager”: Revisiting the Great Grunwick Strike
More In Features
- Special Report | “The world has a responsibility to get this blockade on Gaza lifted”: Women’s Boat to Gaza illegally detained by Israel
- Special Report | Does the Prevent strategy have any credibility left?
- Special Report | “Solidarity is being criminalised”: Anger as Greek police raids refugee housing squats and camps
- Special Report | Miracles and Mirages: Greed and corruption have created a doping epidemic in Sport
- Special Report | From Women Refugees to International Students: The State’s War on Migrants
More In Profiles
More In Arts & Culture
- Books | Review | Corbyn: The Strange Rebirth of Radical Politics
- Film | Review | The Journey from Syria: “I wish we could have this life in our country”
- Film | Review | Batman v Superman: Dawn of Nihilism and Mansplaining
- Books | Review | ‘Burning Country: Syrians in Revolution and War’
- Film | Review | The Big Short: Laughter in the Dark