Irish Times, New in Ceasefire - Friday, August 31, 2012 19:27 - 0 Comments
Ceasefire's political editor, Omayr Ghani, gives his bimonthly round-up of news from across the Irish Sea, including the formation of a "new IRA," the continuing backlash over the handshake between the Queen and Martin McGuinness, as well as ongoing arrests over violence in the Ardoyne area.
Irish Times, New in Ceasefire - Tuesday, January 17, 2012 16:26 - 0 CommentsIn his latest column, Omayr Ghani reviews the latest news from across the Irish sea.
Irish Times, New in Ceasefire - Saturday, May 28, 2011 0:00 - 0 CommentsIn this month’s edition of his ‘Irish Times’ column, our Political Editor, Omayr Ghani, provides a round-up of events including the first visit in a hundred years by a British monarch, President Obama meeting his 8th cousin, the first Irish football derby in a decade and much more.
Irish Times, New in Ceasefire - Saturday, April 9, 2011 0:00 - 5 CommentsIn this month’s edition of his ‘Irish Times’ column, our Political Editor, Omayr Ghani, provides a round-up of events including last week's bombing, a new Irish government formed, Kousa Mousa accused over IRA links and much more
Irish Times - Monday, February 7, 2011 19:11 - 3 CommentsIn this month’s edition of his ‘Irish Times’ column, our Political Editor, Omayr Ghani, provides a round-up of events including the collapse of the Irish government, David Cameron's comments on Gerry Adams and the last Bloody Sunday March
Irish Times, New in Ceasefire - Wednesday, December 29, 2010 14:38 - 0 CommentsIn this month’s edition of his ‘Irish Times’ column, our Political Editor, Omayr Ghani, provides a round-up of events including Gerry Adams's confrontation with Murdoch, issues faced by the opposition in Northern Ireland and financial issues in the Republic of Ireland.
Irish Times, New in Ceasefire - Sunday, October 24, 2010 16:31 - 4 CommentsIn this month's edition of his 'Irish Times' column, our Political Editor, Omayr Ghani, provides a round-up of events including a bombing at Ulster Bank, McGuiness's failure of irony, and Stormont caught burying bad news.
- Analysis | Borders are a weapon of racism and austerity, not a solution to either
- Comment | To Leave or Not to Leave the EU: A British Muslim Perspective
- Analysis | Billionaire Republicans and Professional Islamophobes: The Pro-Israel lobby in Brussels
- Analysis | Their Violence, Our Values: A History of European Responses to Political Dissent
- Comment | Education as Resistance: Western Sahara’s Rising Generation
More In Politics
- Comment | Growing international recognition of Western Sahara offers new hope for Africa’s Last Colony
- Politics | “We are the lions, Mr. Manager”: Revisiting the Great Grunwick Strike
- Comment | The Government’s Extremism Bill will do little to prevent extremism and much to undermine democracy and civil liberties
- Comment | This victory shows we can, and must, shut down the DSEI arms fair for good
- Politics | “She did not die; she multiplied”: Honouring Berta Cáceres
More In Features
- Special Report | “Solidarity is being criminalised”: Anger as Greek police raids refugee housing squats and camps
- Special Report | Miracles and Mirages: Greed and corruption have created a doping epidemic in Sport
- Special Report | From Women Refugees to International Students: The State’s War on Migrants
- Special Report | Bazaar Politics: Uncovering Social Cleansing In the Heart of London
- Politics | Interview | Director Kirby Dick: “Sexual assault on college campuses is an epidemic”
More In Profiles
More In Arts & Culture
- Books | Review | Corbyn: The Strange Rebirth of Radical Politics
- Film | Review | The Journey from Syria: “I wish we could have this life in our country”
- Film | Review | Batman v Superman: Dawn of Nihilism and Mansplaining
- Books | Review | ‘Burning Country: Syrians in Revolution and War’
- Film | Review | The Big Short: Laughter in the Dark