Palestine is Still the Issue
New in Ceasefire, Palestine is Still the Issue - Saturday, May 26, 2012 14:18 - 1 Comment
Having just returned from a weeks-long stay in Palestine, Ceasefire columnist Asa Winstanley reflects on the changing dynamics of Palestinian civil resistance.
Interviews, New in Ceasefire, Palestine is Still the Issue - Friday, February 3, 2012 12:44 - 11 CommentsIn an in-depth and candid interview, academic and political commentator As'ad Abukhalil - a.k.a "The Angry Arab" - talks to Ceasefire columnist Asa Winstanley about Zionism, Hamas, Syria, Al Jazeera, BDS and much more.
New in Ceasefire, Palestine is Still the Issue - Saturday, December 24, 2011 0:00 - 1 CommentReports emerging from Cairo that Hamas might be on the verge of joining the Palestine Liberation Organisation could prove extremely significant, says Asa Winstanley.
New in Ceasefire, Palestine is Still the Issue - Saturday, November 26, 2011 1:42 - 1 CommentAsa Winstanley asks some fundamental questions about the very nature of the Palestinian idea.
New in Ceasefire, Palestine is Still the Issue - Saturday, October 22, 2011 0:31 - 3 Comments"Just because you’re paranoid, it doesn't mean they’re not after you". Asa Winstanley reflects on recent revelations about police spies within the activist movement. Pro-Palestinian groups, he warns, should take note.
New in Ceasefire, Palestine is Still the Issue - Saturday, September 3, 2011 0:00 - 4 CommentsIn this week's column, Asa Winstanley takes a look at Israel’s J14 tent movement and argues that attempts to separate Zionism into a “left wing” and a "right wing" are largely an illusion.
New in Ceasefire, Palestine is Still the Issue - Saturday, August 20, 2011 9:01 - 12 CommentsIsraeli claims about supposed Palestinian crimes are often psychological deflection, argues Asa Winstanley.
New in Ceasefire, Palestine is Still the Issue - Saturday, August 6, 2011 0:00 - 11 CommentsThe Muslim-baiting right-wing is on the rise, and looking for alliances with Israel. Asa Winstanley on Norwegian terrorist Anders Breivik.
New in Ceasefire, Palestine is Still the Issue - Saturday, July 23, 2011 0:00 - 3 CommentsBy challenging the government’s attempt to deport him from Britain Sheikh Raed Salah is doing us a favour, argues Asa Winstanley
New in Ceasefire, Palestine is Still the Issue - Saturday, July 9, 2011 17:59 - 1 CommentDespite Israel's posing as the region's strongman, its attempts to crush simple acts of Palestinian civil resistance and international solidarity demonstrate how weak and morally bankrupt it really is, argues Asa Winstanley.
- Ideas | “You are not You anymore”: On the Torture of Theon Greyjoy
- Analysis | Burning Down the House: The Danger of Normalising Trump’s Fascism
- Comment | Beyond Prevent: How to Really Defeat Violent Extremism
- Analysis | Borders are a weapon of racism and austerity, not a solution to either
- Comment | To Leave or Not to Leave the EU: A British Muslim Perspective
More In Politics
- Comment | When is a rapist no longer a rapist? On the cost-free repentance of Tom Stranger
- Comment | Fifty years on, the Black Panthers should be honoured — Not in prison
- Comment | Anti-Imperialism: A Short Guide in 7 Steps
- Comment | Growing international recognition of Western Sahara offers new hope for Africa’s Last Colony
- Politics | “We are the lions, Mr. Manager”: Revisiting the Great Grunwick Strike
More In Features
- Special Report | “The world has a responsibility to get this blockade on Gaza lifted”: Women’s Boat to Gaza illegally detained by Israel
- Special Report | Does the Prevent strategy have any credibility left?
- Special Report | “Solidarity is being criminalised”: Anger as Greek police raids refugee housing squats and camps
- Special Report | Miracles and Mirages: Greed and corruption have created a doping epidemic in Sport
- Special Report | From Women Refugees to International Students: The State’s War on Migrants
More In Profiles
More In Arts & Culture
- Books | Review | Corbyn: The Strange Rebirth of Radical Politics
- Film | Review | The Journey from Syria: “I wish we could have this life in our country”
- Film | Review | Batman v Superman: Dawn of Nihilism and Mansplaining
- Books | Review | ‘Burning Country: Syrians in Revolution and War’
- Film | Review | The Big Short: Laughter in the Dark