Editor's Desk, Events - Monday, February 4, 2013 0:00 - 1 Comment
On Tuesday 5th Feb, to mark the anniversary of the huge protests against the invasion of Iraq, Ceasefire Magazine and Anticapitalist Initiative present an evening of discussion on how imperialist wars in the Middle East and North Africa continue to shape our lives, heighten insecurity, extinguish precious civil liberties and further the reach of US Empire.
New in Ceasefire, The Ceasefire Sessions - Saturday, November 5, 2011 19:58 - 1 CommentThis week, Ceasefire is very pleased to co-sponsor two talks, organised by the Nottingham University Palestinian society and others, by celebrated academic and scholar Norman Finkelstein, one of the world's foremost experts on the Israeli-Palestinian issue. Tickets are limited, so make sure you get yours today.
Events, New in Ceasefire, The Rebellious Media Conference 2011 - Sunday, July 10, 2011 21:05 - 0 CommentsCeasefire is proud to announce that world-renowned linguist and dissident Noam Chomsky will be giving the keynote address at this October’s Rebellious Media Conference, co-organised with Peace News, Red Pepper, undercurrents and visionOntV. A leading critic of the mainstream media, Chomsky is the author of “Necessary Illusions: Thought Control in Democratic Societies” and (with Edward […]
Events, New in Ceasefire - Wednesday, December 1, 2010 15:08 - 0 CommentsDr. Siba Grovogui, professor of Political Science at Johns Hopkins University is one of the world's foremost scholars. His books have made landmark contributions to International Relations, International Law and Postcolonial Studies. He will be delivering a lecture entitled 'Race and International Politics' on Dec 2, in Nottingham, UK.
Editor's Desk, Events, New in Ceasefire, The Ceasefire Sessions - Thursday, November 18, 2010 0:13 - 4 CommentsAs part of its 'Ceasefire Sessions' season of talks, Ceasefire is very pleased to be hosting, in conjunction with the Nottingham University Arabic and Palestinian societies, the celebrated academic and scholar, Professor Norman Finkelstein. Finkelstein, one of the world's foremost experts on the Israeli-Palestinian issue, will deliver a talk entitled: 'Israel: Search for peace?'
New in Ceasefire, The Ceasefire Sessions - Wednesday, October 27, 2010 12:00 - 1 CommentCeasefire is very pleased to be hosting the legendary Michael Albert’s 2-day visit to Nottingham. Albert is a writer, activist, author of ‘parecon: life after capitalism’ and co-founder of ZNET, one of the world's greatest alternative media organisations.
- Comment | To Leave or Not to Leave the EU: A British Muslim Perspective
- Analysis | Billionaire Republicans and Professional Islamophobes: The Pro-Israel lobby in Brussels
- Analysis | Their Violence, Our Values: A History of European Responses to Political Dissent
- Comment | Education as Resistance: Western Sahara’s Rising Generation
- Comment | Environment of Hate: The New Normal for Muslims in the UK
More In Politics
- Politics | “We are the lions, Mr. Manager”: Revisiting the Great Grunwick Strike
- Comment | The Government’s Extremism Bill will do little to prevent extremism and much to undermine democracy and civil liberties
- Comment | This victory shows we can, and must, shut down the DSEI arms fair for good
- Politics | “She did not die; she multiplied”: Honouring Berta Cáceres
- Comment | The Brussels Attacks: Our pain and rage are immense, but we need reason and understanding more than ever
More In Features
- Special Report | Miracles and Mirages: Greed and corruption have created a doping epidemic in Sport
- Special Report | From Women Refugees to International Students: The State’s War on Migrants
- Special Report | Bazaar Politics: Uncovering Social Cleansing In the Heart of London
- Politics | Interview | Director Kirby Dick: “Sexual assault on college campuses is an epidemic”
- Special Report | The Lawyer, the Mohammed Cartoon Exhibition and the ‘Civil War’ that Wasn’t
More In Profiles
More In Arts & Culture
- Books | Review | Corbyn: The Strange Rebirth of Radical Politics
- Film | Review | The Journey from Syria: “I wish we could have this life in our country”
- Film | Review | Batman v Superman: Dawn of Nihilism and Mansplaining
- Books | Review | ‘Burning Country: Syrians in Revolution and War’
- Film | Review | The Big Short: Laughter in the Dark