New in Ceasefire, Shawerma Republic - Monday, May 9, 2011 0:00 - 3 Comments
New in Ceasefire, Shawerma Republic - Monday, April 25, 2011 0:00 - 8 CommentsThinking of becoming a racist? In this week's 'Shawerma Republic', Ceasefire's Ruqaya Izzidien shows you how.
New in Ceasefire, Shawerma Republic - Monday, March 28, 2011 0:00 - 1 CommentEarlier this month, the BBC received accusations of Tory-pandering when they began replacing the word ‘cuts’ with ‘savings’. Ceasefire columnist Ruqaya Izzidien takes a look at the pervasive, and damaging, dominance of euphemisms in our daily language.
New in Ceasefire, Shawerma Republic - Monday, March 14, 2011 0:00 - 3 CommentsWhen Ceasefire columnist Ruqaya Izzidien started her job hunting upon graduation, she discovered some rather startling truths.
New in Ceasefire, Shawerma Republic - Monday, February 28, 2011 6:41 - 12 CommentsAfter a recent trip to Bosnia, where Muslim men and women pray in the same shared space, Ceasefire columnist Ruqaya Izzidien asks why things can't be the same in the UK.
- Ideas | “You are not You anymore”: On the Torture of Theon Greyjoy
- Analysis | Burning Down the House: The Danger of Normalising Trump’s Fascism
- Comment | Beyond Prevent: How to Really Defeat Violent Extremism
- Analysis | Borders are a weapon of racism and austerity, not a solution to either
- Comment | To Leave or Not to Leave the EU: A British Muslim Perspective
More In Politics
- Comment | When is a rapist no longer a rapist? On the cost-free repentance of Tom Stranger
- Comment | Fifty years on, the Black Panthers should be honoured — Not in prison
- Comment | Anti-Imperialism: A Short Guide in 7 Steps
- Comment | Growing international recognition of Western Sahara offers new hope for Africa’s Last Colony
- Politics | “We are the lions, Mr. Manager”: Revisiting the Great Grunwick Strike
More In Features
- Special Report | “The world has a responsibility to get this blockade on Gaza lifted”: Women’s Boat to Gaza illegally detained by Israel
- Special Report | Does the Prevent strategy have any credibility left?
- Special Report | “Solidarity is being criminalised”: Anger as Greek police raids refugee housing squats and camps
- Special Report | Miracles and Mirages: Greed and corruption have created a doping epidemic in Sport
- Special Report | From Women Refugees to International Students: The State’s War on Migrants
More In Profiles
More In Arts & Culture
- Books | Review | Corbyn: The Strange Rebirth of Radical Politics
- Film | Review | The Journey from Syria: “I wish we could have this life in our country”
- Film | Review | Batman v Superman: Dawn of Nihilism and Mansplaining
- Books | Review | ‘Burning Country: Syrians in Revolution and War’
- Film | Review | The Big Short: Laughter in the Dark