New in Ceasefire, Special Reports - Friday, October 7, 2016 14:21 - 1 Comment
Special Report | “The world has a responsibility to get this blockade on Gaza lifted”: Women’s Boat to Gaza illegally detained by Israel
Two days ago, thirteen women - including a Nobel Peace Prize winner - on a peaceful mission to break the illegal blockade on Gaza were abducted in international waters and detained in an Israeli prison. Vyara Gylsen reports.
New in Ceasefire, Special Reports - Monday, October 3, 2016 15:32 - 0 CommentsA groundbreaking report, published on Thursday by advocacy group CAGE, has revealed that the scientific framework underpinning the government’s counter extremism strategy is based on extremely flawed research, bolstering calls for the strategy to be scrapped. Dilly Hussain reports.
New in Ceasefire, Special Reports - Wednesday, August 3, 2016 15:17 - 0 Comments
Special Report | “Solidarity is being criminalised”: Anger as Greek police raids refugee housing squats and campsLast week saw police raids on refugee housing squats and camps across Greece, which resulted in the demolition of a long-term refuge space and a hundred refugees and accomplices arrested and hauled off before the courts. One of them, Can Simit, reports from Thessaloniki.
New in Ceasefire, Special Reports - Friday, June 10, 2016 13:41 - 0 CommentsThe recent history of doping in professional cycling suggests the problem is widespread and systemic in other sports too, undermining our ability to believe in sporting success stories, from Michael Phelps to Leicester City. We must learn the lessons before it is too late, argues Sam Walton.
New in Ceasefire, Special Reports - Tuesday, March 29, 2016 15:30 - 1 CommentIn the general context of structural racism facing Black, Muslim, and other oppressed communities, the UK state’s war on migrants is playing an increasingly central role. But in the face of these attacks, argues Malia Bouatia, we are also witnessing a growing amount of resistance.
New in Ceasefire, Special Reports - Wednesday, January 20, 2016 14:03 - 1 CommentDilly Hussain reports on the shocking story of how powerful commercial property developers and local politicians at an inner London borough have colluded to force out the working poor out of the area.
Interviews, New in Ceasefire - Wednesday, September 23, 2015 14:27 - 0 CommentsCeasefire's Usayd Younis and Cassie Quarless spoke to Director Kirby Dick at the UK premiere of his latest release ,'The Hunting Ground,' which addresses the growing pandemic of sexual assaults across US college campuses in recent years.
New in Ceasefire, Special Reports - Monday, September 7, 2015 11:56 - 6 CommentsWhy was a planned exhibition of cartoons of the prophet Mohammed - scheduled to take place in London on 18 September and featuring far-right Dutch politician Geert Wilders – cancelled two weeks ago? Hilary Aked investigates for Ceasefire.
Interviews, Politics - Wednesday, May 27, 2015 7:44 - 4 CommentsBridget Anderson, Professor of Migration at the University of Oxford, speaks to Ceasefire's Luke De Noronha about Europe's response to the Mediterranean crisis and how borders are 'a dystopian project whose enforcement exposes the horrific violence of the state.'
Interviews, New in Ceasefire - Tuesday, April 28, 2015 9:49 - 0 CommentsRoger Bromley talks to journalist and author Gary Younge, one of our foremost commentators on race, identity and politics.
- Comment | Beyond Prevent: How to Really Defeat Violent Extremism
- Analysis | Borders are a weapon of racism and austerity, not a solution to either
- Comment | To Leave or Not to Leave the EU: A British Muslim Perspective
- Analysis | Billionaire Republicans and Professional Islamophobes: The Pro-Israel lobby in Brussels
- Analysis | Their Violence, Our Values: A History of European Responses to Political Dissent
More In Politics
- Comment | Anti-Imperialism: A Short Guide in 7 Steps
- Comment | Growing international recognition of Western Sahara offers new hope for Africa’s Last Colony
- Politics | “We are the lions, Mr. Manager”: Revisiting the Great Grunwick Strike
- Comment | The Government’s Extremism Bill will do little to prevent extremism and much to undermine democracy and civil liberties
- Comment | This victory shows we can, and must, shut down the DSEI arms fair for good
More In Features
- Special Report | “The world has a responsibility to get this blockade on Gaza lifted”: Women’s Boat to Gaza illegally detained by Israel
- Special Report | Does the Prevent strategy have any credibility left?
- Special Report | “Solidarity is being criminalised”: Anger as Greek police raids refugee housing squats and camps
- Special Report | Miracles and Mirages: Greed and corruption have created a doping epidemic in Sport
- Special Report | From Women Refugees to International Students: The State’s War on Migrants
More In Profiles
More In Arts & Culture
- Books | Review | Corbyn: The Strange Rebirth of Radical Politics
- Film | Review | The Journey from Syria: “I wish we could have this life in our country”
- Film | Review | Batman v Superman: Dawn of Nihilism and Mansplaining
- Books | Review | ‘Burning Country: Syrians in Revolution and War’
- Film | Review | The Big Short: Laughter in the Dark