Contours of Control
Contours of Control, New in Ceasefire - Sunday, October 14, 2012 23:59 - 1 Comment
In his latest column, Theo Kindynis takes a look at the use of unmanned drones as military and policing tools, and argues the growing prospects of drone surveillance by British law enforcement agencies are extremely alarming.
Contours of Control, New in Ceasefire - Saturday, September 29, 2012 20:18 - 7 CommentsFrom classical music at North London underground stations to Israeli jets breaking the sound barrier over Gaza in the middle of the night, Theo Kindynis examines the multifaceted uses of sound and music as a mode of social, physical and psychological control.
Contours of Control, New in Ceasefire - Sunday, September 16, 2012 0:00 - 0 CommentsHow should activists respond when confronted with a state trying to monitor and control their every move? Theo Kindynis considers the challenges and contradictions of counter-surveillance tactics.
Contours of Control, New in Ceasefire - Tuesday, August 28, 2012 19:26 - 2 CommentsAmidst the ostentatious Olympic militarisation of the capital, a more subtle and insidious dynamic of power, repression and resistance inheres in the exchange of surveillant gazes. Theo Kindynis reflects on Forward Intelligence Teams.
- Comment | Beyond Prevent: How to Really Defeat Violent Extremism
- Analysis | Borders are a weapon of racism and austerity, not a solution to either
- Comment | To Leave or Not to Leave the EU: A British Muslim Perspective
- Analysis | Billionaire Republicans and Professional Islamophobes: The Pro-Israel lobby in Brussels
- Analysis | Their Violence, Our Values: A History of European Responses to Political Dissent
More In Politics
- Comment | Anti-Imperialism: A Short Guide in 7 Steps
- Comment | Growing international recognition of Western Sahara offers new hope for Africa’s Last Colony
- Politics | “We are the lions, Mr. Manager”: Revisiting the Great Grunwick Strike
- Comment | The Government’s Extremism Bill will do little to prevent extremism and much to undermine democracy and civil liberties
- Comment | This victory shows we can, and must, shut down the DSEI arms fair for good
More In Features
- Special Report | “The world has a responsibility to get this blockade on Gaza lifted”: Women’s Boat to Gaza illegally detained by Israel
- Special Report | Does the Prevent strategy have any credibility left?
- Special Report | “Solidarity is being criminalised”: Anger as Greek police raids refugee housing squats and camps
- Special Report | Miracles and Mirages: Greed and corruption have created a doping epidemic in Sport
- Special Report | From Women Refugees to International Students: The State’s War on Migrants
More In Profiles
More In Arts & Culture
- Books | Review | Corbyn: The Strange Rebirth of Radical Politics
- Film | Review | The Journey from Syria: “I wish we could have this life in our country”
- Film | Review | Batman v Superman: Dawn of Nihilism and Mansplaining
- Books | Review | ‘Burning Country: Syrians in Revolution and War’
- Film | Review | The Big Short: Laughter in the Dark