Irish Times, New in Ceasefire - Friday, August 31, 2012 19:27 - 0 Comments
Ceasefire's political editor, Omayr Ghani, gives his bimonthly round-up of news from across the Irish Sea, including the formation of a "new IRA," the continuing backlash over the handshake between the Queen and Martin McGuinness, as well as ongoing arrests over violence in the Ardoyne area.
Blogs, Ceasefire Bites, Politics - Sunday, April 15, 2012 1:24 - 0 CommentsActivists call for a protest on Sunday as an initiative to fly 1,500 people into Tel Aviv Airport, a solidarity 'Flytilla', is blocked at Manchester airport.
Irish Times, New in Ceasefire - Tuesday, January 17, 2012 16:26 - 0 CommentsIn his latest column, Omayr Ghani reviews the latest news from across the Irish sea.
Irish Times, New in Ceasefire - Saturday, May 28, 2011 0:00 - 0 CommentsIn this month’s edition of his ‘Irish Times’ column, our Political Editor, Omayr Ghani, provides a round-up of events including the first visit in a hundred years by a British monarch, President Obama meeting his 8th cousin, the first Irish football derby in a decade and much more.
Irish Times, New in Ceasefire - Saturday, April 9, 2011 0:00 - 5 CommentsIn this month’s edition of his ‘Irish Times’ column, our Political Editor, Omayr Ghani, provides a round-up of events including last week's bombing, a new Irish government formed, Kousa Mousa accused over IRA links and much more
New in Ceasefire, Politics - Tuesday, February 22, 2011 22:32 - 2 CommentsAn emergency meeting was called by sabatical officers at the London School of Economics this morning following the apparent complicity of former alumnus saif al islam gaddafi in war crimes against his own people. An occupation has now been declared. Omayr Ghani, Ceasefire's Political Editor, reports.
Irish Times - Monday, February 7, 2011 19:11 - 3 CommentsIn this month’s edition of his ‘Irish Times’ column, our Political Editor, Omayr Ghani, provides a round-up of events including the collapse of the Irish government, David Cameron's comments on Gerry Adams and the last Bloody Sunday March
New in Ceasefire, Politics - Monday, January 31, 2011 0:00 - 0 CommentsIn the third feature in this week's 'Lebanon Special', Ceasefire's political editor, Omayr Ghani, gives his overview of events in the past two years and his own predictions about the future.
Irish Times, New in Ceasefire - Wednesday, December 29, 2010 14:38 - 0 CommentsIn this month’s edition of his ‘Irish Times’ column, our Political Editor, Omayr Ghani, provides a round-up of events including Gerry Adams's confrontation with Murdoch, issues faced by the opposition in Northern Ireland and financial issues in the Republic of Ireland.
Irish Times, New in Ceasefire - Sunday, October 24, 2010 16:31 - 4 CommentsIn this month's edition of his 'Irish Times' column, our Political Editor, Omayr Ghani, provides a round-up of events including a bombing at Ulster Bank, McGuiness's failure of irony, and Stormont caught burying bad news.
- Comment | Beyond Prevent: How to Really Defeat Violent Extremism
- Analysis | Borders are a weapon of racism and austerity, not a solution to either
- Comment | To Leave or Not to Leave the EU: A British Muslim Perspective
- Analysis | Billionaire Republicans and Professional Islamophobes: The Pro-Israel lobby in Brussels
- Analysis | Their Violence, Our Values: A History of European Responses to Political Dissent
More In Politics
- Analysis | Burning Down the House: The Danger of Normalising Trump’s Fascism
- Comment | Anti-Imperialism: A Short Guide in 7 Steps
- Comment | Growing international recognition of Western Sahara offers new hope for Africa’s Last Colony
- Politics | “We are the lions, Mr. Manager”: Revisiting the Great Grunwick Strike
- Comment | The Government’s Extremism Bill will do little to prevent extremism and much to undermine democracy and civil liberties
More In Features
- Special Report | “The world has a responsibility to get this blockade on Gaza lifted”: Women’s Boat to Gaza illegally detained by Israel
- Special Report | Does the Prevent strategy have any credibility left?
- Special Report | “Solidarity is being criminalised”: Anger as Greek police raids refugee housing squats and camps
- Special Report | Miracles and Mirages: Greed and corruption have created a doping epidemic in Sport
- Special Report | From Women Refugees to International Students: The State’s War on Migrants
More In Profiles
More In Arts & Culture
- Books | Review | Corbyn: The Strange Rebirth of Radical Politics
- Film | Review | The Journey from Syria: “I wish we could have this life in our country”
- Film | Review | Batman v Superman: Dawn of Nihilism and Mansplaining
- Books | Review | ‘Burning Country: Syrians in Revolution and War’
- Film | Review | The Big Short: Laughter in the Dark