Interviews, New in Ceasefire - Saturday, June 9, 2012 0:00 - 0 Comments
John Carlos, world-famous for his defiant, iconic black power salute at the Olympic games of '68, talks exclusively to Ceasefire's Samayya Afzal on human rights, racism and global change.
Features, New in Ceasefire - Friday, December 30, 2011 7:48 - 2 CommentsIn a climate of social upheaval, with millions rising against consumerism, individualism, and apathy, how is it, Malte Ringer asks, that ecclesiastical hierarchies haven't rushed to embrace the Occupy and anti-austerity movements?
Ideas, New in Ceasefire - Friday, November 18, 2011 2:37 - 5 CommentsWriting from Occupy LSX, Ian Chamberlain argues the real power of the movement is the new world of possibilities it has created, built on consensus, cooperation and a rejection of the corporate-guided, party-political approach that has dominated the country for generations.
Ceasefire Bites, New in Ceasefire, Special Reports - Sunday, October 30, 2011 12:03 - 1 CommentIn an exclusive video report, Riz Ahmed, award-winning Hip Hop artist and actor shares his experience of spending yesterday at the Occupy Wall St protests. "It was amazingly diverse, emotional, and in some ways very organised, despite being anarchic."
New in Ceasefire, Special Reports - Tuesday, October 18, 2011 1:17 - 2 CommentsThe Occupy movement against corporate greed and government cutbacks has galvanised cities around the world. Since Saturday, thousands have gathered outside London's St Paul's cathedral to demand radical change and a fairer future. In an impassioned report, with exclusive footage and photos, Ceasefire's Akkas Al-Ali and Tom Kavanagh report.
- Comment | To Leave or Not to Leave the EU: A British Muslim Perspective
- Analysis | Billionaire Republicans and Professional Islamophobes: The Pro-Israel lobby in Brussels
- Analysis | Their Violence, Our Values: A History of European Responses to Political Dissent
- Comment | Education as Resistance: Western Sahara’s Rising Generation
- Comment | Environment of Hate: The New Normal for Muslims in the UK
More In Politics
- Politics | “We are the lions, Mr. Manager”: Revisiting the Great Grunwick Strike
- Comment | The Government’s Extremism Bill will do little to prevent extremism and much to undermine democracy and civil liberties
- Comment | This victory shows we can, and must, shut down the DSEI arms fair for good
- Politics | “She did not die; she multiplied”: Honouring Berta Cáceres
- Comment | The Brussels Attacks: Our pain and rage are immense, but we need reason and understanding more than ever
More In Features
- Special Report | Miracles and Mirages: Greed and corruption have created a doping epidemic in Sport
- Special Report | From Women Refugees to International Students: The State’s War on Migrants
- Special Report | Bazaar Politics: Uncovering Social Cleansing In the Heart of London
- Politics | Interview | Director Kirby Dick: “Sexual assault on college campuses is an epidemic”
- Special Report | The Lawyer, the Mohammed Cartoon Exhibition and the ‘Civil War’ that Wasn’t
More In Profiles
More In Arts & Culture
- Books | Review | Corbyn: The Strange Rebirth of Radical Politics
- Film | Review | The Journey from Syria: “I wish we could have this life in our country”
- Film | Review | Batman v Superman: Dawn of Nihilism and Mansplaining
- Books | Review | ‘Burning Country: Syrians in Revolution and War’
- Film | Review | The Big Short: Laughter in the Dark