Interviews, New in Ceasefire - Saturday, June 9, 2012 0:00 - 0 Comments
John Carlos, world-famous for his defiant, iconic black power salute at the Olympic games of '68, talks exclusively to Ceasefire's Samayya Afzal on human rights, racism and global change.
Features, New in Ceasefire - Friday, December 30, 2011 7:48 - 2 CommentsIn a climate of social upheaval, with millions rising against consumerism, individualism, and apathy, how is it, Malte Ringer asks, that ecclesiastical hierarchies haven't rushed to embrace the Occupy and anti-austerity movements?
Ideas, New in Ceasefire - Friday, November 18, 2011 2:37 - 5 CommentsWriting from Occupy LSX, Ian Chamberlain argues the real power of the movement is the new world of possibilities it has created, built on consensus, cooperation and a rejection of the corporate-guided, party-political approach that has dominated the country for generations.
Ceasefire Bites, New in Ceasefire, Special Reports - Sunday, October 30, 2011 12:03 - 1 CommentIn an exclusive video report, Riz Ahmed, award-winning Hip Hop artist and actor shares his experience of spending yesterday at the Occupy Wall St protests. "It was amazingly diverse, emotional, and in some ways very organised, despite being anarchic."
New in Ceasefire, Special Reports - Tuesday, October 18, 2011 1:17 - 2 CommentsThe Occupy movement against corporate greed and government cutbacks has galvanised cities around the world. Since Saturday, thousands have gathered outside London's St Paul's cathedral to demand radical change and a fairer future. In an impassioned report, with exclusive footage and photos, Ceasefire's Akkas Al-Ali and Tom Kavanagh report.
- Comment | Beyond Prevent: How to Really Defeat Violent Extremism
- Analysis | Borders are a weapon of racism and austerity, not a solution to either
- Comment | To Leave or Not to Leave the EU: A British Muslim Perspective
- Analysis | Billionaire Republicans and Professional Islamophobes: The Pro-Israel lobby in Brussels
- Analysis | Their Violence, Our Values: A History of European Responses to Political Dissent
More In Politics
- Comment | Anti-Imperialism: A Short Guide in 7 Steps
- Comment | Growing international recognition of Western Sahara offers new hope for Africa’s Last Colony
- Politics | “We are the lions, Mr. Manager”: Revisiting the Great Grunwick Strike
- Comment | The Government’s Extremism Bill will do little to prevent extremism and much to undermine democracy and civil liberties
- Comment | This victory shows we can, and must, shut down the DSEI arms fair for good
More In Features
- Special Report | “The world has a responsibility to get this blockade on Gaza lifted”: Women’s Boat to Gaza illegally detained by Israel
- Special Report | Does the Prevent strategy have any credibility left?
- Special Report | “Solidarity is being criminalised”: Anger as Greek police raids refugee housing squats and camps
- Special Report | Miracles and Mirages: Greed and corruption have created a doping epidemic in Sport
- Special Report | From Women Refugees to International Students: The State’s War on Migrants
More In Profiles
More In Arts & Culture
- Books | Review | Corbyn: The Strange Rebirth of Radical Politics
- Film | Review | The Journey from Syria: “I wish we could have this life in our country”
- Film | Review | Batman v Superman: Dawn of Nihilism and Mansplaining
- Books | Review | ‘Burning Country: Syrians in Revolution and War’
- Film | Review | The Big Short: Laughter in the Dark