Ideas, New in Ceasefire - Friday, June 1, 2012 0:00 - 25 Comments
Barack Obama's ascent to the presidency four years ago was cheered by billions around the globe, hopeful for a new era of peace and justice. Alas, says Yvonne Ridley, we have been conned.
Irish Times, New in Ceasefire - Saturday, May 28, 2011 0:00 - 0 CommentsIn this month’s edition of his ‘Irish Times’ column, our Political Editor, Omayr Ghani, provides a round-up of events including the first visit in a hundred years by a British monarch, President Obama meeting his 8th cousin, the first Irish football derby in a decade and much more.
New in Ceasefire, Politics, South of The Border - Monday, October 4, 2010 0:00 - 1 CommentIn the news this week in Latin America: Correa fights back in Ecuador, Presidential elections in Brazil, Chavez retains a majority, and US crimes in Guatemala exposed. Ceasefire correspondent Tom Kavanagh delivers his weekly round up of what's been going on south of the border.
Ideas, Interviews - Thursday, September 23, 2010 9:41 - 12 CommentsIn an exclusive major interview, Noam Chomsky, considered by many to be the world's greatest public intellectual, responds to questions posed by Ceasefire Editor Hicham Yezza on the Middle East, global warming, the financial crisis, the future of the left, Iran, and on why all states are unacceptable.
Devil's Advocate, Politics - Thursday, September 16, 2010 15:10 - 3 Comments
When Republicans and Ayatollahs agree: On the politics of Qur’an burnings and “The Ground Zero Mosque”In his new 'Devil's Advocate' Column, Omer Ali examines the international storm over the so called "Ground Zero Mosque" and finds the usual mix of ubriddled bigotry and cynical manipulation.
Editor's Desk - Tuesday, September 14, 2010 3:02 - 4 CommentsToday, what I would really like to do is share with you, our readers, a shining example of how our political and media elites are doing a wonderful job, far better than many "gloom and doom" sceptics would like to admit...
- Comment | Beyond Prevent: How to Really Defeat Violent Extremism
- Analysis | Borders are a weapon of racism and austerity, not a solution to either
- Comment | To Leave or Not to Leave the EU: A British Muslim Perspective
- Analysis | Billionaire Republicans and Professional Islamophobes: The Pro-Israel lobby in Brussels
- Analysis | Their Violence, Our Values: A History of European Responses to Political Dissent
More In Politics
- Comment | Anti-Imperialism: A Short Guide in 7 Steps
- Comment | Growing international recognition of Western Sahara offers new hope for Africa’s Last Colony
- Politics | “We are the lions, Mr. Manager”: Revisiting the Great Grunwick Strike
- Comment | The Government’s Extremism Bill will do little to prevent extremism and much to undermine democracy and civil liberties
- Comment | This victory shows we can, and must, shut down the DSEI arms fair for good
More In Features
- Special Report | “The world has a responsibility to get this blockade on Gaza lifted”: Women’s Boat to Gaza illegally detained by Israel
- Special Report | Does the Prevent strategy have any credibility left?
- Special Report | “Solidarity is being criminalised”: Anger as Greek police raids refugee housing squats and camps
- Special Report | Miracles and Mirages: Greed and corruption have created a doping epidemic in Sport
- Special Report | From Women Refugees to International Students: The State’s War on Migrants
More In Profiles
More In Arts & Culture
- Books | Review | Corbyn: The Strange Rebirth of Radical Politics
- Film | Review | The Journey from Syria: “I wish we could have this life in our country”
- Film | Review | Batman v Superman: Dawn of Nihilism and Mansplaining
- Books | Review | ‘Burning Country: Syrians in Revolution and War’
- Film | Review | The Big Short: Laughter in the Dark