New in Ceasefire - Friday, November 25, 2016 18:19 - 0 Comments
Donald Trump's rise to power has seen a normalising of fascist and neo-Nazi beliefs. We should all be concerned: The Trump Presidency will probably fail, but the movement he represents will not have so far to go next time for the full flowering of fascism to succeed.
Arts & Culture, Cartoons, Film & TV, New in Ceasefire - Wednesday, March 30, 2016 12:48 - 2 Comments'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice', the hotly-anticipated on-screen reunion of DC's 'Big Three', is a dark vision of nihilism, hopelessness and mansplaining, argues Neal Curtis in his review.
Ideas, New in Ceasefire - Thursday, December 13, 2012 3:52 - 1 CommentAt a time when universities as public institutions struggle for funding in the wake of the economic crisis, corporate voices have grown more strident in advocating privatisation and further alignment with industry. Neal Curtis argues that instead of sustaining free-market dogma, universities should produce heterodox, alternative views of the world.
Ideas, New in Ceasefire - Thursday, August 18, 2011 16:42 - 4 CommentsIn a thought-provoking analysis, author and academic Neal Curtis, argues that the UK riots should be understood in the context of David Cameron's 'Big Society' project, whose ideological roots, Curtis shows, can be traced back to Margaret H Thatcher and Ayn Rand.
- Comment | Beyond Prevent: How to Really Defeat Violent Extremism
- Analysis | Borders are a weapon of racism and austerity, not a solution to either
- Comment | To Leave or Not to Leave the EU: A British Muslim Perspective
- Analysis | Billionaire Republicans and Professional Islamophobes: The Pro-Israel lobby in Brussels
- Analysis | Their Violence, Our Values: A History of European Responses to Political Dissent
More In Politics
- Comment | Anti-Imperialism: A Short Guide in 7 Steps
- Comment | Growing international recognition of Western Sahara offers new hope for Africa’s Last Colony
- Politics | “We are the lions, Mr. Manager”: Revisiting the Great Grunwick Strike
- Comment | The Government’s Extremism Bill will do little to prevent extremism and much to undermine democracy and civil liberties
- Comment | This victory shows we can, and must, shut down the DSEI arms fair for good
More In Features
- Special Report | “The world has a responsibility to get this blockade on Gaza lifted”: Women’s Boat to Gaza illegally detained by Israel
- Special Report | Does the Prevent strategy have any credibility left?
- Special Report | “Solidarity is being criminalised”: Anger as Greek police raids refugee housing squats and camps
- Special Report | Miracles and Mirages: Greed and corruption have created a doping epidemic in Sport
- Special Report | From Women Refugees to International Students: The State’s War on Migrants
More In Profiles
More In Arts & Culture
- Books | Review | Corbyn: The Strange Rebirth of Radical Politics
- Film | Review | The Journey from Syria: “I wish we could have this life in our country”
- Film | Review | Batman v Superman: Dawn of Nihilism and Mansplaining
- Books | Review | ‘Burning Country: Syrians in Revolution and War’
- Film | Review | The Big Short: Laughter in the Dark