New in Ceasefire, Politics - Wednesday, June 15, 2016 18:02 - 1 Comment
This month marks the 40 year anniversary of the Great Grunwick strike, a pivotal episode in the history of the British Labour movement. Amrit Wilson argues we need a broader reading of the strike as a key moment in race, class and gender relations in the UK.
New in Ceasefire, Politics - Tuesday, December 16, 2014 11:17 - 2 Comments
Politics | A Fine Bromance, the Corporates and The Hindu Right: On Narendra Modi’s First Six Months in PowerAmrit Wilson examines Narendra Modi's record in power in the six months since the BJP's electoral victory in May.
Ideas, New in Ceasefire - Saturday, July 19, 2014 19:16 - 12 CommentsAmrit Wilson reports on the extraordinary case of Sanaz Raji, a tale of persecution and injustice that has highlighted the deep-set and dark prejudices at the heart of British higher education.
New in Ceasefire, Politics - Friday, April 4, 2014 21:40 - 16 CommentsWith India's general election set to begin on Monday, the BJP is widely expected to secure victory and its controversial leader, Narendra Modi, to become the country's next prime minister. Amrit Wilson reports.
- Ideas | “You are not You anymore”: On the Torture of Theon Greyjoy
- Analysis | Burning Down the House: The Danger of Normalising Trump’s Fascism
- Comment | Beyond Prevent: How to Really Defeat Violent Extremism
- Analysis | Borders are a weapon of racism and austerity, not a solution to either
- Comment | To Leave or Not to Leave the EU: A British Muslim Perspective
More In Politics
- Comment | When is a rapist no longer a rapist? On the cost-free repentance of Tom Stranger
- Comment | Fifty years on, the Black Panthers should be honoured — Not in prison
- Comment | Anti-Imperialism: A Short Guide in 7 Steps
- Comment | Growing international recognition of Western Sahara offers new hope for Africa’s Last Colony
- Politics | “We are the lions, Mr. Manager”: Revisiting the Great Grunwick Strike
More In Features
- Special Report | “The world has a responsibility to get this blockade on Gaza lifted”: Women’s Boat to Gaza illegally detained by Israel
- Special Report | Does the Prevent strategy have any credibility left?
- Special Report | “Solidarity is being criminalised”: Anger as Greek police raids refugee housing squats and camps
- Special Report | Miracles and Mirages: Greed and corruption have created a doping epidemic in Sport
- Special Report | From Women Refugees to International Students: The State’s War on Migrants
More In Profiles
More In Arts & Culture
- Books | Review | Corbyn: The Strange Rebirth of Radical Politics
- Film | Review | The Journey from Syria: “I wish we could have this life in our country”
- Film | Review | Batman v Superman: Dawn of Nihilism and Mansplaining
- Books | Review | ‘Burning Country: Syrians in Revolution and War’
- Film | Review | The Big Short: Laughter in the Dark