New in Ceasefire, Shawerma Republic - Monday, May 9, 2011 0:00 - 3 Comments
New in Ceasefire, Shawerma Republic - Monday, April 25, 2011 0:00 - 8 CommentsThinking of becoming a racist? In this week's 'Shawerma Republic', Ceasefire's Ruqaya Izzidien shows you how.
New in Ceasefire, Shawerma Republic - Monday, March 28, 2011 0:00 - 1 CommentEarlier this month, the BBC received accusations of Tory-pandering when they began replacing the word ‘cuts’ with ‘savings’. Ceasefire columnist Ruqaya Izzidien takes a look at the pervasive, and damaging, dominance of euphemisms in our daily language.
New in Ceasefire, Shawerma Republic - Monday, March 14, 2011 0:00 - 3 CommentsWhen Ceasefire columnist Ruqaya Izzidien started her job hunting upon graduation, she discovered some rather startling truths.
New in Ceasefire, Shawerma Republic - Monday, February 28, 2011 6:41 - 12 CommentsAfter a recent trip to Bosnia, where Muslim men and women pray in the same shared space, Ceasefire columnist Ruqaya Izzidien asks why things can't be the same in the UK.
- Analysis | Billionaire Republicans and Professional Islamophobes: The Pro-Israel lobby in Brussels
- Analysis | Their Violence, Our Values: A History of European Responses to Political Dissent
- Comment | Education as Resistance: Western Sahara’s Rising Generation
- Comment | Environment of Hate: The New Normal for Muslims in the UK
- Comment | David Cameron’s Jamaican Prison: A Show of Ignorance, Cruelty and Historical Amnesia
More In Politics
- Comment | The Government’s Extremism Bill will do little to prevent extremism and much to undermine democracy and civil liberties
- Comment | This victory shows we can, and must, shut down the DSEI arms fair for good
- Politics | “She did not die; she multiplied”: Honouring Berta Cáceres
- Comment | The Brussels Attacks: Our pain and rage are immense, but we need reason and understanding more than ever
- Comment | The Government’s Attack on Ethical Boycotts Is an Attack on Democracy
More In Features
- Special Report | From Women Refugees to International Students: The State’s War on Migrants
- Special Report | Bazaar Politics: Uncovering Social Cleansing In the Heart of London
- Politics | Interview | Director Kirby Dick: “Sexual assault on college campuses is an epidemic”
- Special Report | The Lawyer, the Mohammed Cartoon Exhibition and the ‘Civil War’ that Wasn’t
- Interview | Bridget Anderson on Europe’s ‘violent humanitarianism’ in the Mediterranean
More In Profiles
More In Arts & Culture
- Film | Review | The Journey from Syria: “I wish we could have this life in our country”
- Film | Review | Batman v Superman: Dawn of Nihilism and Mansplaining
- Books | Review | ‘Burning Country: Syrians in Revolution and War’
- Film | Review | The Big Short: Laughter in the Dark
- Books | Review | Settled Wanderers: The Poetry of a Landless People