New in Ceasefire, Shawerma Republic - Monday, May 9, 2011 0:00 - 3 Comments
New in Ceasefire, Shawerma Republic - Monday, April 25, 2011 0:00 - 8 CommentsThinking of becoming a racist? In this week's 'Shawerma Republic', Ceasefire's Ruqaya Izzidien shows you how.
New in Ceasefire, Shawerma Republic - Monday, March 28, 2011 0:00 - 1 CommentEarlier this month, the BBC received accusations of Tory-pandering when they began replacing the word ‘cuts’ with ‘savings’. Ceasefire columnist Ruqaya Izzidien takes a look at the pervasive, and damaging, dominance of euphemisms in our daily language.
New in Ceasefire, Shawerma Republic - Monday, March 14, 2011 0:00 - 3 CommentsWhen Ceasefire columnist Ruqaya Izzidien started her job hunting upon graduation, she discovered some rather startling truths.
New in Ceasefire, Shawerma Republic - Monday, February 28, 2011 6:41 - 12 CommentsAfter a recent trip to Bosnia, where Muslim men and women pray in the same shared space, Ceasefire columnist Ruqaya Izzidien asks why things can't be the same in the UK.
- Comment | Beyond Prevent: How to Really Defeat Violent Extremism
- Analysis | Borders are a weapon of racism and austerity, not a solution to either
- Comment | To Leave or Not to Leave the EU: A British Muslim Perspective
- Analysis | Billionaire Republicans and Professional Islamophobes: The Pro-Israel lobby in Brussels
- Analysis | Their Violence, Our Values: A History of European Responses to Political Dissent
More In Politics
- Comment | Anti-Imperialism: A Short Guide in 7 Steps
- Comment | Growing international recognition of Western Sahara offers new hope for Africa’s Last Colony
- Politics | “We are the lions, Mr. Manager”: Revisiting the Great Grunwick Strike
- Comment | The Government’s Extremism Bill will do little to prevent extremism and much to undermine democracy and civil liberties
- Comment | This victory shows we can, and must, shut down the DSEI arms fair for good
More In Features
- Special Report | “The world has a responsibility to get this blockade on Gaza lifted”: Women’s Boat to Gaza illegally detained by Israel
- Special Report | Does the Prevent strategy have any credibility left?
- Special Report | “Solidarity is being criminalised”: Anger as Greek police raids refugee housing squats and camps
- Special Report | Miracles and Mirages: Greed and corruption have created a doping epidemic in Sport
- Special Report | From Women Refugees to International Students: The State’s War on Migrants
More In Profiles
More In Arts & Culture
- Books | Review | Corbyn: The Strange Rebirth of Radical Politics
- Film | Review | The Journey from Syria: “I wish we could have this life in our country”
- Film | Review | Batman v Superman: Dawn of Nihilism and Mansplaining
- Books | Review | ‘Burning Country: Syrians in Revolution and War’
- Film | Review | The Big Short: Laughter in the Dark