New in Ceasefire, Special Reports - Tuesday, June 12, 2012 0:00 - 4 Comments
Latifa Akay reports from Turkey where thousands of women took to the streets on Friday across the country to protest against proposed government anti-abortion plans. As a country struggling to protect existing women’s rights effectively, Akay argues, Turkey is in no position to start constructing artificial conflicts.
New in Ceasefire, Notes from the Margins - Wednesday, June 6, 2012 0:00 - 3 CommentsIn his latest column, Matt Carr looks at the brutal persecution of undocumented migrants in the Greek port-city of Patras, a continuum of violence that spans militarised law enforcement, the policing of protest, immigration control and the battlefields of the "war on terror"'.
Editor's Desk, New in Ceasefire, Politics - Sunday, October 9, 2011 10:34 - 2 CommentsThe findings of the UN's Palmer report, published last month, on Israel's attack on the Gaza Flotilla, have triggered an unprecedented fallout between the Turkish and Israeli governments. In an exclusive new essay, the UN's special rapporteur on the Palestinian territories, renowned academic and legal expert Richard Falk, gives his verdict on the report.
- Comment | Beyond Prevent: How to Really Defeat Violent Extremism
- Analysis | Borders are a weapon of racism and austerity, not a solution to either
- Comment | To Leave or Not to Leave the EU: A British Muslim Perspective
- Analysis | Billionaire Republicans and Professional Islamophobes: The Pro-Israel lobby in Brussels
- Analysis | Their Violence, Our Values: A History of European Responses to Political Dissent
More In Politics
- Comment | Anti-Imperialism: A Short Guide in 7 Steps
- Comment | Growing international recognition of Western Sahara offers new hope for Africa’s Last Colony
- Politics | “We are the lions, Mr. Manager”: Revisiting the Great Grunwick Strike
- Comment | The Government’s Extremism Bill will do little to prevent extremism and much to undermine democracy and civil liberties
- Comment | This victory shows we can, and must, shut down the DSEI arms fair for good
More In Features
- Special Report | “The world has a responsibility to get this blockade on Gaza lifted”: Women’s Boat to Gaza illegally detained by Israel
- Special Report | Does the Prevent strategy have any credibility left?
- Special Report | “Solidarity is being criminalised”: Anger as Greek police raids refugee housing squats and camps
- Special Report | Miracles and Mirages: Greed and corruption have created a doping epidemic in Sport
- Special Report | From Women Refugees to International Students: The State’s War on Migrants
More In Profiles
More In Arts & Culture
- Books | Review | Corbyn: The Strange Rebirth of Radical Politics
- Film | Review | The Journey from Syria: “I wish we could have this life in our country”
- Film | Review | Batman v Superman: Dawn of Nihilism and Mansplaining
- Books | Review | ‘Burning Country: Syrians in Revolution and War’
- Film | Review | The Big Short: Laughter in the Dark