Editor's Desk, Interviews, New in Ceasefire - Monday, December 9, 2013 22:49 - 10 Comments
In part two of our exclusive interview, Hip-Hop artist Akala talks to Ceasefire's Adam Cooper about Lily Allen, Mark Duggan, police impunity, slavery reparations, the banning of slang in schools and much more.
New in Ceasefire, The Anti-Imperialist - Sunday, April 15, 2012 10:05 - 1 CommentAs further evidence emerges of police racism in the UK, Adam Elliott-Cooper uncovers a pattern of consistent failings by the Independent Police Complaint Commission to meaningfully hold the police to account.
New in Ceasefire, The Anti-Imperialist - Sunday, November 27, 2011 11:27 - 5 CommentsMark Duggan was killed twice: first, when police officers shot him dead as he emerged from a taxi. Second, when the IPCC, Police and media all colluded in covering up the real circumstances of his death. As Adam Elliott-Cooper argues, this is merely the latest example of the institutional injustice and systemic abuses at the heart of our law enforcement establishment.
New in Ceasefire, Politics - Saturday, October 29, 2011 18:34 - 9 CommentsOn Saturday, hundreds of campaigners and relatives gathered in Trafalgar Square to march against deaths in police custody, ending in a peaceful sit-in across the road from Downing Street. However, the police reacted violently, attacking two elderly women and detaining a number of protesters. Ceasefire associate editor Adam Elliott-Cooper reports.
- Comment | Beyond Prevent: How to Really Defeat Violent Extremism
- Analysis | Borders are a weapon of racism and austerity, not a solution to either
- Comment | To Leave or Not to Leave the EU: A British Muslim Perspective
- Analysis | Billionaire Republicans and Professional Islamophobes: The Pro-Israel lobby in Brussels
- Analysis | Their Violence, Our Values: A History of European Responses to Political Dissent
More In Politics
- Comment | Anti-Imperialism: A Short Guide in 7 Steps
- Comment | Growing international recognition of Western Sahara offers new hope for Africa’s Last Colony
- Politics | “We are the lions, Mr. Manager”: Revisiting the Great Grunwick Strike
- Comment | The Government’s Extremism Bill will do little to prevent extremism and much to undermine democracy and civil liberties
- Comment | This victory shows we can, and must, shut down the DSEI arms fair for good
More In Features
- Special Report | “The world has a responsibility to get this blockade on Gaza lifted”: Women’s Boat to Gaza illegally detained by Israel
- Special Report | Does the Prevent strategy have any credibility left?
- Special Report | “Solidarity is being criminalised”: Anger as Greek police raids refugee housing squats and camps
- Special Report | Miracles and Mirages: Greed and corruption have created a doping epidemic in Sport
- Special Report | From Women Refugees to International Students: The State’s War on Migrants
More In Profiles
More In Arts & Culture
- Books | Review | Corbyn: The Strange Rebirth of Radical Politics
- Film | Review | The Journey from Syria: “I wish we could have this life in our country”
- Film | Review | Batman v Superman: Dawn of Nihilism and Mansplaining
- Books | Review | ‘Burning Country: Syrians in Revolution and War’
- Film | Review | The Big Short: Laughter in the Dark