Editor's Desk, Interviews, New in Ceasefire - Monday, December 9, 2013 22:49 - 10 Comments
In part two of our exclusive interview, Hip-Hop artist Akala talks to Ceasefire's Adam Cooper about Lily Allen, Mark Duggan, police impunity, slavery reparations, the banning of slang in schools and much more.
Interviews, New in Ceasefire - Thursday, May 31, 2012 0:00 - 3 CommentsIn an exclusive interview, Akala, one of the UK's most respected Hip Hop artists talks to Ceasefire's Adam Elliott-Cooper and Usayd Younis about race, history and philosophy, with exclusive video performances from his latest material.
Arts & Culture, Music & Dance, New in Ceasefire - Saturday, May 12, 2012 0:00 - 1 CommentIn anticipation of the release of his new album "Mourning in America and Dreaming in Color", US Hip-hop artist Brother Ali is currently on a UK tour. Ceasefire's Usayd Younis went to see him perform in London.
Music & Dance, New in Ceasefire - Sunday, April 22, 2012 0:00 - 2 CommentsLike much social unrest, the music of the streets has drawn its own narratives of the revolts in August 2011. Terence Elliott-Cooper picks out some of his favourites
Ideas, Interviews, New in Ceasefire - Friday, May 27, 2011 4:26 - 30 CommentsIn an exclusive, candid new interview, Ceasefire contributor Jody McIntyre (writer for the Independent and author of the 'Life on Wheels' blog) asks Lowkey, one of the country's most respected MCs and political activists about his life, politics, art and more.
- Comment | Beyond Prevent: How to Really Defeat Violent Extremism
- Analysis | Borders are a weapon of racism and austerity, not a solution to either
- Comment | To Leave or Not to Leave the EU: A British Muslim Perspective
- Analysis | Billionaire Republicans and Professional Islamophobes: The Pro-Israel lobby in Brussels
- Analysis | Their Violence, Our Values: A History of European Responses to Political Dissent
More In Politics
- Comment | Anti-Imperialism: A Short Guide in 7 Steps
- Comment | Growing international recognition of Western Sahara offers new hope for Africa’s Last Colony
- Politics | “We are the lions, Mr. Manager”: Revisiting the Great Grunwick Strike
- Comment | The Government’s Extremism Bill will do little to prevent extremism and much to undermine democracy and civil liberties
- Comment | This victory shows we can, and must, shut down the DSEI arms fair for good
More In Features
- Special Report | “The world has a responsibility to get this blockade on Gaza lifted”: Women’s Boat to Gaza illegally detained by Israel
- Special Report | Does the Prevent strategy have any credibility left?
- Special Report | “Solidarity is being criminalised”: Anger as Greek police raids refugee housing squats and camps
- Special Report | Miracles and Mirages: Greed and corruption have created a doping epidemic in Sport
- Special Report | From Women Refugees to International Students: The State’s War on Migrants
More In Profiles
More In Arts & Culture
- Books | Review | Corbyn: The Strange Rebirth of Radical Politics
- Film | Review | The Journey from Syria: “I wish we could have this life in our country”
- Film | Review | Batman v Superman: Dawn of Nihilism and Mansplaining
- Books | Review | ‘Burning Country: Syrians in Revolution and War’
- Film | Review | The Big Short: Laughter in the Dark