New in Ceasefire, Special Reports - Monday, October 3, 2016 15:32 - 0 Comments
A groundbreaking report, published on Thursday by advocacy group CAGE, has revealed that the scientific framework underpinning the government’s counter extremism strategy is based on extremely flawed research, bolstering calls for the strategy to be scrapped. Dilly Hussain reports.
Ideas, New in Ceasefire - Wednesday, June 22, 2016 12:38 - 11 CommentsIs there a distinctly British Muslim case with regards to Thursday's referendum on Britain's membership of the EU? Dilly Hussain examines the arguments.
New in Ceasefire, Special Reports - Wednesday, January 20, 2016 14:03 - 1 CommentDilly Hussain reports on the shocking story of how powerful commercial property developers and local politicians at an inner London borough have colluded to force out the working poor out of the area.
Ideas, New in Ceasefire - Wednesday, May 6, 2015 0:00 - 4 CommentsDilly Hussain reports on the ongoing campaign by corporate property developers to muscle the Somali-run community out of London's East End.
New in Ceasefire, Politics - Wednesday, April 1, 2015 12:28 - 2 CommentsWhile pundits and journalists have rushed to paint the current Saudi-led intervention in Yemen through a sectarian lens, the geopolitical dimensions of the conflict are far more significant, argues Dilly Hussain.
Ideas, New in Ceasefire - Tuesday, March 24, 2015 20:06 - 2 CommentsThe speech delivered yesterday by British Home Secretary Theresa May, while ostensibly aimed at countering extremism, was in reality the latest episode in the ongoing assault on Britain's Muslims, argues Dilly Hussain.
- Comment | Beyond Prevent: How to Really Defeat Violent Extremism
- Analysis | Borders are a weapon of racism and austerity, not a solution to either
- Comment | To Leave or Not to Leave the EU: A British Muslim Perspective
- Analysis | Billionaire Republicans and Professional Islamophobes: The Pro-Israel lobby in Brussels
- Analysis | Their Violence, Our Values: A History of European Responses to Political Dissent
More In Politics
- Comment | Anti-Imperialism: A Short Guide in 7 Steps
- Comment | Growing international recognition of Western Sahara offers new hope for Africa’s Last Colony
- Politics | “We are the lions, Mr. Manager”: Revisiting the Great Grunwick Strike
- Comment | The Government’s Extremism Bill will do little to prevent extremism and much to undermine democracy and civil liberties
- Comment | This victory shows we can, and must, shut down the DSEI arms fair for good
More In Features
- Special Report | “The world has a responsibility to get this blockade on Gaza lifted”: Women’s Boat to Gaza illegally detained by Israel
- Special Report | Does the Prevent strategy have any credibility left?
- Special Report | “Solidarity is being criminalised”: Anger as Greek police raids refugee housing squats and camps
- Special Report | Miracles and Mirages: Greed and corruption have created a doping epidemic in Sport
- Special Report | From Women Refugees to International Students: The State’s War on Migrants
More In Profiles
More In Arts & Culture
- Books | Review | Corbyn: The Strange Rebirth of Radical Politics
- Film | Review | The Journey from Syria: “I wish we could have this life in our country”
- Film | Review | Batman v Superman: Dawn of Nihilism and Mansplaining
- Books | Review | ‘Burning Country: Syrians in Revolution and War’
- Film | Review | The Big Short: Laughter in the Dark