Interviews, New in Ceasefire, Palestine is Still the Issue - Friday, February 3, 2012 12:44 - 10 Comments
In an in-depth and candid interview, academic and political commentator As'ad Abukhalil - a.k.a "The Angry Arab" - talks to Ceasefire columnist Asa Winstanley about Zionism, Hamas, Syria, Al Jazeera, BDS and much more.
Ideas, New in Ceasefire - Monday, November 7, 2011 5:00 - 1 CommentIn a exclusive essay, Chris Doyle, prominent analyst and commentator on the Middle East, surveys the situation in Syria in the wake of last week's Arab League plan. The prospects for a swift resolution, he warns, are slipping away.
New in Ceasefire, Politics - Saturday, May 21, 2011 0:00 - 3 Comments"By arresting schoolchildren, the regime caused protests in Dara’a. By killing protestors, the regime caused protests all over the country. Those who first called for reform now call for the fall of the regime." In a brilliant new essay, Syrian-British novelist and commentator Robin Yassin-Kassab diagnoses the repeated missteps and miscalculations of the Assad regime, and says change, no matter how protracted or tortuous, is now inevitable.
New in Ceasefire, North African Dispatches - Wednesday, May 4, 2011 0:00 - 2 CommentsIn his latest column, Imad Mesdoua takes a look at Syria, where Bashar Al-Assad's faltering attempts at stemming the tide of anger sweeping his country are threatening to unlock a pandora's box of uncertainty and chaos.
- Comment | Beyond Prevent: How to Really Defeat Violent Extremism
- Analysis | Borders are a weapon of racism and austerity, not a solution to either
- Comment | To Leave or Not to Leave the EU: A British Muslim Perspective
- Analysis | Billionaire Republicans and Professional Islamophobes: The Pro-Israel lobby in Brussels
- Analysis | Their Violence, Our Values: A History of European Responses to Political Dissent
More In Politics
- Comment | Anti-Imperialism: A Short Guide in 7 Steps
- Comment | Growing international recognition of Western Sahara offers new hope for Africa’s Last Colony
- Politics | “We are the lions, Mr. Manager”: Revisiting the Great Grunwick Strike
- Comment | The Government’s Extremism Bill will do little to prevent extremism and much to undermine democracy and civil liberties
- Comment | This victory shows we can, and must, shut down the DSEI arms fair for good
More In Features
- Special Report | “The world has a responsibility to get this blockade on Gaza lifted”: Women’s Boat to Gaza illegally detained by Israel
- Special Report | Does the Prevent strategy have any credibility left?
- Special Report | “Solidarity is being criminalised”: Anger as Greek police raids refugee housing squats and camps
- Special Report | Miracles and Mirages: Greed and corruption have created a doping epidemic in Sport
- Special Report | From Women Refugees to International Students: The State’s War on Migrants
More In Profiles
More In Arts & Culture
- Books | Review | Corbyn: The Strange Rebirth of Radical Politics
- Film | Review | The Journey from Syria: “I wish we could have this life in our country”
- Film | Review | Batman v Superman: Dawn of Nihilism and Mansplaining
- Books | Review | ‘Burning Country: Syrians in Revolution and War’
- Film | Review | The Big Short: Laughter in the Dark