Palestine is Still the Issue
New in Ceasefire, Palestine is Still the Issue - Saturday, May 26, 2012 14:18 - 1 Comment
Having just returned from a weeks-long stay in Palestine, Ceasefire columnist Asa Winstanley reflects on the changing dynamics of Palestinian civil resistance.
Interviews, New in Ceasefire, Palestine is Still the Issue - Friday, February 3, 2012 12:44 - 10 CommentsIn an in-depth and candid interview, academic and political commentator As'ad Abukhalil - a.k.a "The Angry Arab" - talks to Ceasefire columnist Asa Winstanley about Zionism, Hamas, Syria, Al Jazeera, BDS and much more.
New in Ceasefire, Palestine is Still the Issue - Saturday, December 24, 2011 0:00 - 1 CommentReports emerging from Cairo that Hamas might be on the verge of joining the Palestine Liberation Organisation could prove extremely significant, says Asa Winstanley.
New in Ceasefire, Palestine is Still the Issue - Saturday, November 26, 2011 1:42 - 1 CommentAsa Winstanley asks some fundamental questions about the very nature of the Palestinian idea.
New in Ceasefire, Palestine is Still the Issue - Saturday, October 22, 2011 0:31 - 3 Comments"Just because you’re paranoid, it doesn't mean they’re not after you". Asa Winstanley reflects on recent revelations about police spies within the activist movement. Pro-Palestinian groups, he warns, should take note.
New in Ceasefire, Palestine is Still the Issue - Saturday, September 3, 2011 0:00 - 3 CommentsIn this week's column, Asa Winstanley takes a look at Israel’s J14 tent movement and argues that attempts to separate Zionism into a “left wing” and a "right wing" are largely an illusion.
New in Ceasefire, Palestine is Still the Issue - Saturday, August 20, 2011 9:01 - 11 CommentsIsraeli claims about supposed Palestinian crimes are often psychological deflection, argues Asa Winstanley.
New in Ceasefire, Palestine is Still the Issue - Saturday, August 6, 2011 0:00 - 11 CommentsThe Muslim-baiting right-wing is on the rise, and looking for alliances with Israel. Asa Winstanley on Norwegian terrorist Anders Breivik.
New in Ceasefire, Palestine is Still the Issue - Saturday, July 23, 2011 0:00 - 3 CommentsBy challenging the government’s attempt to deport him from Britain Sheikh Raed Salah is doing us a favour, argues Asa Winstanley
New in Ceasefire, Palestine is Still the Issue - Saturday, July 9, 2011 17:59 - 1 CommentDespite Israel's posing as the region's strongman, its attempts to crush simple acts of Palestinian civil resistance and international solidarity demonstrate how weak and morally bankrupt it really is, argues Asa Winstanley.
- Analysis | Billionaire Republicans and Professional Islamophobes: The Pro-Israel lobby in Brussels
- Analysis | Their Violence, Our Values: A History of European Responses to Political Dissent
- Comment | Education as Resistance: Western Sahara’s Rising Generation
- Comment | Environment of Hate: The New Normal for Muslims in the UK
- Comment | David Cameron’s Jamaican Prison: A Show of Ignorance, Cruelty and Historical Amnesia
More In Politics
- Comment | The Government’s Extremism Bill will do little to prevent extremism and much to undermine democracy and civil liberties
- Comment | This victory shows we can, and must, shut down the DSEI arms fair for good
- Politics | “She did not die; she multiplied”: Honouring Berta Cáceres
- Comment | The Brussels Attacks: Our pain and rage are immense, but we need reason and understanding more than ever
- Comment | The Government’s Attack on Ethical Boycotts Is an Attack on Democracy
More In Features
- Special Report | From Women Refugees to International Students: The State’s War on Migrants
- Special Report | Bazaar Politics: Uncovering Social Cleansing In the Heart of London
- Politics | Interview | Director Kirby Dick: “Sexual assault on college campuses is an epidemic”
- Special Report | The Lawyer, the Mohammed Cartoon Exhibition and the ‘Civil War’ that Wasn’t
- Interview | Bridget Anderson on Europe’s ‘violent humanitarianism’ in the Mediterranean
More In Profiles
More In Arts & Culture
- Film | Review | The Journey from Syria: “I wish we could have this life in our country”
- Film | Review | Batman v Superman: Dawn of Nihilism and Mansplaining
- Books | Review | ‘Burning Country: Syrians in Revolution and War’
- Film | Review | The Big Short: Laughter in the Dark
- Books | Review | Settled Wanderers: The Poetry of a Landless People