Editor's Desk, New in Ceasefire - Thursday, July 17, 2014 19:14 - 5 Comments
The marked contrast between the BBC's reporting of the deaths of Palestinian and Israeli children this past month has been an eloquent symbol of its wider failings.
Editor's Desk, New in Ceasefire - Wednesday, May 23, 2012 12:23 - 8 CommentsA BBC news story has revealed UK politicians are planning to offer diplomatic, possibly military, support to an Israeli attack against Iran, despite the fact this would break international law, inflame the Middle East and endanger British citizens everywhere.
Editor's Desk, New in Ceasefire - Tuesday, May 22, 2012 0:00 - 8 CommentsIn a few weeks, Talha Ahsan, Babar Ahmad, Gary McKinnon, Richard O'Dwyer and other UK citizens are facing the real prospect of extradition to the US for alleged crimes committed in the UK for which most have been detained for years without charge or evidence. This is a travesty of justice beyond Kafka's wildest imaginings, argues Hicham Yezza.
Blogs, Editor's Desk, New in Ceasefire - Friday, May 4, 2012 6:49 - 4 CommentsUnable to keep her silent, the Bahraini regime has detained Zainab Al-Khawaja for the past ten days. Will it get away with it?
Editor's Desk, New in Ceasefire - Friday, April 27, 2012 13:00 - 1 CommentLast weekend's Bahrain F1 Grand Prix sham has been an object lesson in the political and moral bankruptcy of our age, argues Hicham Yezza.
Ceasefire Bites, Editor's Desk, New in Ceasefire - Friday, April 27, 2012 12:00 - 0 CommentsAn Australian minister's surreal video interview perfectly encapsulates everything that's wrong with modern party politics.
Editor's Desk, New in Ceasefire - Saturday, April 7, 2012 11:43 - 27 CommentsCeasefire editor-in-chief Hicham Yezza reflects on John Derbyshire's "The Talk: Nonblack Version", one of the most unhinged and repugnant displays of racist bigotry in the history of American journalism.
Ceasefire Bites, Editor's Desk, New in Ceasefire - Monday, March 12, 2012 21:53 - 2 CommentsA poll published today reveals a third of Alabama and Mississippi voters say interracial marriage should be made illegal, whereas half think Obama is a Muslim, and two thirds do not believe in evolution. Hicham Yezza asks: is it time for humanitarian intervention?
Editor's Desk, New in Ceasefire - Thursday, March 1, 2012 0:00 - 4 CommentsYesterday, Maya Evans was jailed for peacefully protesting against Britain's military intervention in Afghanistan. Her shameful persecution, Hicham Yezza warns, is the latest example of the ongoing assault on our civil liberties.
Editor's Desk - Monday, February 27, 2012 17:29 - 5 CommentsAre you a journalist struggling to write about the seemingly impending attack on Iran? Hicham Yezza offers a few tips.
- Ideas | “You are not You anymore”: On the Torture of Theon Greyjoy
- Analysis | Burning Down the House: The Danger of Normalising Trump’s Fascism
- Comment | Beyond Prevent: How to Really Defeat Violent Extremism
- Analysis | Borders are a weapon of racism and austerity, not a solution to either
- Comment | To Leave or Not to Leave the EU: A British Muslim Perspective
More In Politics
- Comment | When is a rapist no longer a rapist? On the cost-free repentance of Tom Stranger
- Comment | Fifty years on, the Black Panthers should be honoured — Not in prison
- Comment | Anti-Imperialism: A Short Guide in 7 Steps
- Comment | Growing international recognition of Western Sahara offers new hope for Africa’s Last Colony
- Politics | “We are the lions, Mr. Manager”: Revisiting the Great Grunwick Strike
More In Features
- Special Report | “The world has a responsibility to get this blockade on Gaza lifted”: Women’s Boat to Gaza illegally detained by Israel
- Special Report | Does the Prevent strategy have any credibility left?
- Special Report | “Solidarity is being criminalised”: Anger as Greek police raids refugee housing squats and camps
- Special Report | Miracles and Mirages: Greed and corruption have created a doping epidemic in Sport
- Special Report | From Women Refugees to International Students: The State’s War on Migrants
More In Profiles
More In Arts & Culture
- Books | Review | Corbyn: The Strange Rebirth of Radical Politics
- Film | Review | The Journey from Syria: “I wish we could have this life in our country”
- Film | Review | Batman v Superman: Dawn of Nihilism and Mansplaining
- Books | Review | ‘Burning Country: Syrians in Revolution and War’
- Film | Review | The Big Short: Laughter in the Dark