New in Ceasefire, Politics - Tuesday, March 22, 2016 16:53 - 18 Comments
Comment | The Brussels Attacks: Our pain and rage are immense, but we need reason and understanding more than ever
Frank Barat reflects on today's attacks on his city, and argues that only more understanding can defeat terrorism and its root causes.
New in Ceasefire - Friday, September 25, 2015 22:44 - 0 CommentsThis summer's Labour Leadership race, which culminated in Jeremy Corbyn's election two weeks ago, offers valuable lessons on the power of mass movements, argues Frank Barat.
Editor's Desk, New in Ceasefire - Saturday, September 7, 2013 16:41 - 51 Comments
Interview | Noam Chomsky: While Syria descends into suicide, Israel and the US are enjoying the spectacleIn an exclusive interview for Ceasefire, renowned scholar Noam Chomsky talks to Frank Barat about the current situation in the Middle East, notably the crisis in Syria, the peace negotiations between Israel and the Palestinians, and the role of US power in the region.
Features, New in Ceasefire, Profiles - Thursday, February 28, 2013 15:49 - 4 CommentsStephane Hessel, legendary French Resistance fighter and author of the 2010 manifesto 'Time for Outrage', passed away on Tuesday at the age of 95. In a highly personal tribute, Frank Barat, coordinator of the Russell Tribunal on Palestine, pays homage to an inspiring and principled figure.
New in Ceasefire, Politics - Friday, September 14, 2012 18:05 - 1 CommentEarly next month, New York will host the fourth and final session of the international Russell Tribunal on Palestine, featuring dozens of eminent panellists including Noam Chomsky, Angela Davis and Alice Walker. Frank Barat, coordinator of the RToP, argues acknowledging the nature of Israel's crimes against the Palestinians is more urgent, and necessary, than ever.
- Analysis | Billionaire Republicans and Professional Islamophobes: The Pro-Israel lobby in Brussels
- Analysis | Their Violence, Our Values: A History of European Responses to Political Dissent
- Comment | Education as Resistance: Western Sahara’s Rising Generation
- Comment | Environment of Hate: The New Normal for Muslims in the UK
- Comment | David Cameron’s Jamaican Prison: A Show of Ignorance, Cruelty and Historical Amnesia
More In Politics
- Comment | The Government’s Extremism Bill will do little to prevent extremism and much to undermine democracy and civil liberties
- Comment | This victory shows we can, and must, shut down the DSEI arms fair for good
- Politics | “She did not die; she multiplied”: Honouring Berta Cáceres
- Comment | The Brussels Attacks: Our pain and rage are immense, but we need reason and understanding more than ever
- Comment | The Government’s Attack on Ethical Boycotts Is an Attack on Democracy
More In Features
- Special Report | From Women Refugees to International Students: The State’s War on Migrants
- Special Report | Bazaar Politics: Uncovering Social Cleansing In the Heart of London
- Politics | Interview | Director Kirby Dick: “Sexual assault on college campuses is an epidemic”
- Special Report | The Lawyer, the Mohammed Cartoon Exhibition and the ‘Civil War’ that Wasn’t
- Interview | Bridget Anderson on Europe’s ‘violent humanitarianism’ in the Mediterranean
More In Profiles
More In Arts & Culture
- Film | Review | The Journey from Syria: “I wish we could have this life in our country”
- Film | Review | Batman v Superman: Dawn of Nihilism and Mansplaining
- Books | Review | ‘Burning Country: Syrians in Revolution and War’
- Film | Review | The Big Short: Laughter in the Dark
- Books | Review | Settled Wanderers: The Poetry of a Landless People