New in Ceasefire, Politics - Tuesday, March 22, 2016 16:53 - 18 Comments
Comment | The Brussels Attacks: Our pain and rage are immense, but we need reason and understanding more than ever
Frank Barat reflects on today's attacks on his city, and argues that only more understanding can defeat terrorism and its root causes.
New in Ceasefire - Friday, September 25, 2015 22:44 - 0 CommentsThis summer's Labour Leadership race, which culminated in Jeremy Corbyn's election two weeks ago, offers valuable lessons on the power of mass movements, argues Frank Barat.
Editor's Desk, New in Ceasefire - Saturday, September 7, 2013 16:41 - 51 Comments
Interview | Noam Chomsky: While Syria descends into suicide, Israel and the US are enjoying the spectacleIn an exclusive interview for Ceasefire, renowned scholar Noam Chomsky talks to Frank Barat about the current situation in the Middle East, notably the crisis in Syria, the peace negotiations between Israel and the Palestinians, and the role of US power in the region.
Features, New in Ceasefire, Profiles - Thursday, February 28, 2013 15:49 - 4 CommentsStephane Hessel, legendary French Resistance fighter and author of the 2010 manifesto 'Time for Outrage', passed away on Tuesday at the age of 95. In a highly personal tribute, Frank Barat, coordinator of the Russell Tribunal on Palestine, pays homage to an inspiring and principled figure.
New in Ceasefire, Politics - Friday, September 14, 2012 18:05 - 1 CommentEarly next month, New York will host the fourth and final session of the international Russell Tribunal on Palestine, featuring dozens of eminent panellists including Noam Chomsky, Angela Davis and Alice Walker. Frank Barat, coordinator of the RToP, argues acknowledging the nature of Israel's crimes against the Palestinians is more urgent, and necessary, than ever.
- Ideas | “You are not You anymore”: On the Torture of Theon Greyjoy
- Analysis | Burning Down the House: The Danger of Normalising Trump’s Fascism
- Comment | Beyond Prevent: How to Really Defeat Violent Extremism
- Analysis | Borders are a weapon of racism and austerity, not a solution to either
- Comment | To Leave or Not to Leave the EU: A British Muslim Perspective
More In Politics
- Comment | When is a rapist no longer a rapist? On the cost-free repentance of Tom Stranger
- Comment | Fifty years on, the Black Panthers should be honoured — Not in prison
- Comment | Anti-Imperialism: A Short Guide in 7 Steps
- Comment | Growing international recognition of Western Sahara offers new hope for Africa’s Last Colony
- Politics | “We are the lions, Mr. Manager”: Revisiting the Great Grunwick Strike
More In Features
- Special Report | “The world has a responsibility to get this blockade on Gaza lifted”: Women’s Boat to Gaza illegally detained by Israel
- Special Report | Does the Prevent strategy have any credibility left?
- Special Report | “Solidarity is being criminalised”: Anger as Greek police raids refugee housing squats and camps
- Special Report | Miracles and Mirages: Greed and corruption have created a doping epidemic in Sport
- Special Report | From Women Refugees to International Students: The State’s War on Migrants
More In Profiles
More In Arts & Culture
- Books | Review | Corbyn: The Strange Rebirth of Radical Politics
- Film | Review | The Journey from Syria: “I wish we could have this life in our country”
- Film | Review | Batman v Superman: Dawn of Nihilism and Mansplaining
- Books | Review | ‘Burning Country: Syrians in Revolution and War’
- Film | Review | The Big Short: Laughter in the Dark