Ceasefire Bites, New in Ceasefire, Politics - Tuesday, May 22, 2012 22:00 - 0 Comments
Janet Alder, sister of Christopher Alder, delivers a powerful speech about her fight to secure justice after her brother's death in police custody more than a decade ago.
Ceasefire Bites, Editor's Desk, New in Ceasefire - Friday, April 27, 2012 12:00 - 0 CommentsAn Australian minister's surreal video interview perfectly encapsulates everything that's wrong with modern party politics.
Blogs, Ceasefire Bites, Politics - Sunday, April 15, 2012 1:24 - 0 CommentsActivists call for a protest on Sunday as an initiative to fly 1,500 people into Tel Aviv Airport, a solidarity 'Flytilla', is blocked at Manchester airport.
Ceasefire Bites, Editor's Desk, New in Ceasefire - Monday, March 12, 2012 21:53 - 2 CommentsA poll published today reveals a third of Alabama and Mississippi voters say interracial marriage should be made illegal, whereas half think Obama is a Muslim, and two thirds do not believe in evolution. Hicham Yezza asks: is it time for humanitarian intervention?
Ceasefire Bites, Editor's Desk, New in Ceasefire - Tuesday, February 14, 2012 12:12 - 0 CommentsOn the one year anniversary of Bahrain's pro-democracy protests, we publish a letter by activist Abdulhadi Abdulla Alkhawaja, sentenced to life imprisonment for taking part in the protests and currently entering his second week of a hunger strike.
Ceasefire Bites, Editor's Desk, New in Ceasefire - Saturday, February 11, 2012 9:21 - 0 CommentsThe BBC is to issue an apology over broadcasting programmes by a third party company that featured the latter's own clients, including Hosni Mubarak and the Malaysian government.
Ceasefire Bites, Editor's Desk, New in Ceasefire - Monday, February 6, 2012 21:24 - 1 CommentUS Congresswomen visit Saudi Arabia to discuss the "Iranian threat" but get treated to some gender segregation instead.
Ceasefire Bites - Monday, January 30, 2012 9:16 - 0 CommentsNoam Chomsky pays a moving tribute to his friend, scholar and activist Howard Zinn, who passed away two years ago this week.
Ceasefire Bites, New in Ceasefire - Wednesday, January 25, 2012 3:19 - 1 CommentWe reproduce below Barak Obama’s State of the Union Address as prepared for delivery before a joint session of Congress Tuesday.
- Comment | Beyond Prevent: How to Really Defeat Violent Extremism
- Analysis | Borders are a weapon of racism and austerity, not a solution to either
- Comment | To Leave or Not to Leave the EU: A British Muslim Perspective
- Analysis | Billionaire Republicans and Professional Islamophobes: The Pro-Israel lobby in Brussels
- Analysis | Their Violence, Our Values: A History of European Responses to Political Dissent
More In Politics
- Analysis | Burning Down the House: The Danger of Normalising Trump’s Fascism
- Comment | Anti-Imperialism: A Short Guide in 7 Steps
- Comment | Growing international recognition of Western Sahara offers new hope for Africa’s Last Colony
- Politics | “We are the lions, Mr. Manager”: Revisiting the Great Grunwick Strike
- Comment | The Government’s Extremism Bill will do little to prevent extremism and much to undermine democracy and civil liberties
More In Features
- Special Report | “The world has a responsibility to get this blockade on Gaza lifted”: Women’s Boat to Gaza illegally detained by Israel
- Special Report | Does the Prevent strategy have any credibility left?
- Special Report | “Solidarity is being criminalised”: Anger as Greek police raids refugee housing squats and camps
- Special Report | Miracles and Mirages: Greed and corruption have created a doping epidemic in Sport
- Special Report | From Women Refugees to International Students: The State’s War on Migrants
More In Profiles
More In Arts & Culture
- Books | Review | Corbyn: The Strange Rebirth of Radical Politics
- Film | Review | The Journey from Syria: “I wish we could have this life in our country”
- Film | Review | Batman v Superman: Dawn of Nihilism and Mansplaining
- Books | Review | ‘Burning Country: Syrians in Revolution and War’
- Film | Review | The Big Short: Laughter in the Dark