New in Ceasefire, Unknown Spins - Thursday, August 23, 2012 11:24 - 1 Comment
In his latest column, Andrew Fleming speaks to Stellar Om Source's Christine Gualdi, a rare female voice in the world of underground dance and electronic music.
New in Ceasefire, Unknown Spins - Thursday, June 7, 2012 12:00 - 0 CommentsOver the past half-decade, The Doozer has carved out a unique place in the UK underground music scene. He spoke to Andrew Fleming about his new album, 'Keep it together'.
New in Ceasefire, Unknown Spins - Sunday, April 29, 2012 6:15 - 0 CommentsFor his latest column, Andrew Fleming talks to Harold Budd, composer and ambient music pioneer, still going strong in his seventy-sixth year.
Music & Dance, New in Ceasefire, Unknown Spins - Wednesday, February 29, 2012 4:09 - 0 CommentsIn the first installment of his new fortnightly column on experimental and independent music, Ceasefire's Andrew Fleming takes a look at two recent books on the musical avant-garde: an analysis of the cult journal 'Source', and Simon Reynolds' much-discussed work on 'Retromania'.
- Analysis | Billionaire Republicans and Professional Islamophobes: The Pro-Israel lobby in Brussels
- Analysis | Their Violence, Our Values: A History of European Responses to Political Dissent
- Comment | Education as Resistance: Western Sahara’s Rising Generation
- Comment | Environment of Hate: The New Normal for Muslims in the UK
- Comment | David Cameron’s Jamaican Prison: A Show of Ignorance, Cruelty and Historical Amnesia
More In Politics
- Politics | “We are the lions, Mr. Manager”: Revisiting the Great Grunwick Strike
- Comment | The Government’s Extremism Bill will do little to prevent extremism and much to undermine democracy and civil liberties
- Comment | This victory shows we can, and must, shut down the DSEI arms fair for good
- Politics | “She did not die; she multiplied”: Honouring Berta Cáceres
- Comment | The Brussels Attacks: Our pain and rage are immense, but we need reason and understanding more than ever
More In Features
- Special Report | Miracles and Mirages: Greed and corruption have created a doping epidemic in Sport
- Special Report | From Women Refugees to International Students: The State’s War on Migrants
- Special Report | Bazaar Politics: Uncovering Social Cleansing In the Heart of London
- Politics | Interview | Director Kirby Dick: “Sexual assault on college campuses is an epidemic”
- Special Report | The Lawyer, the Mohammed Cartoon Exhibition and the ‘Civil War’ that Wasn’t
More In Profiles
More In Arts & Culture
- Film | Review | The Journey from Syria: “I wish we could have this life in our country”
- Film | Review | Batman v Superman: Dawn of Nihilism and Mansplaining
- Books | Review | ‘Burning Country: Syrians in Revolution and War’
- Film | Review | The Big Short: Laughter in the Dark
- Books | Review | Settled Wanderers: The Poetry of a Landless People