Ideas, New in Ceasefire, Passing for Normal, Short Stories - Saturday, September 17, 2011 15:56 - 3 Comments
Desperate to console his sobbing daughter, who was suddenly aware of her own mortality, Dave Prescott attempts to convey his views on the topic, and watches in horror as the conversation descends into farce...
New in Ceasefire, Short Stories - Sunday, October 10, 2010 3:15 - 3 CommentsIn a new exclusive short story by Dave Prescott, Stu, a dutiful, careful husband, is dutifully and carefully pretending to mow his lawn. When his wife joins him, they quickly find themselves talking, and thinking, about being 'anti-death', the fate of the universe, and ants.
Arts & Culture, Features, Short Stories - Wednesday, September 15, 2010 18:25 - 1 CommentCeasefire presents 'The Zoo', an exclusive short story by acclaimed writer Ben White. After a traumatic onslaught of unremitting violence, a community's children, adults and animals are thrust into a vortex of incomprehension and bewilderment.
Features, Short Stories - Saturday, August 7, 2010 12:16 - 1 CommentIn a new exclusive short story by Dave Prescott, a street musician is faced with an unusual audience and finds himself at the centre of a surreal, and unnerving, series of events. A short tale, comic yet sombre, about what happens when intensities come into contact with each other.
Arts & Culture, Short Stories - Wednesday, February 10, 2010 11:36 - 0 Comments
- Comment | Beyond Prevent: How to Really Defeat Violent Extremism
- Analysis | Borders are a weapon of racism and austerity, not a solution to either
- Comment | To Leave or Not to Leave the EU: A British Muslim Perspective
- Analysis | Billionaire Republicans and Professional Islamophobes: The Pro-Israel lobby in Brussels
- Analysis | Their Violence, Our Values: A History of European Responses to Political Dissent
More In Politics
- Comment | Anti-Imperialism: A Short Guide in 7 Steps
- Comment | Growing international recognition of Western Sahara offers new hope for Africa’s Last Colony
- Politics | “We are the lions, Mr. Manager”: Revisiting the Great Grunwick Strike
- Comment | The Government’s Extremism Bill will do little to prevent extremism and much to undermine democracy and civil liberties
- Comment | This victory shows we can, and must, shut down the DSEI arms fair for good
More In Features
- Special Report | “The world has a responsibility to get this blockade on Gaza lifted”: Women’s Boat to Gaza illegally detained by Israel
- Special Report | Does the Prevent strategy have any credibility left?
- Special Report | “Solidarity is being criminalised”: Anger as Greek police raids refugee housing squats and camps
- Special Report | Miracles and Mirages: Greed and corruption have created a doping epidemic in Sport
- Special Report | From Women Refugees to International Students: The State’s War on Migrants
More In Profiles
More In Arts & Culture
- Books | Review | Corbyn: The Strange Rebirth of Radical Politics
- Film | Review | The Journey from Syria: “I wish we could have this life in our country”
- Film | Review | Batman v Superman: Dawn of Nihilism and Mansplaining
- Books | Review | ‘Burning Country: Syrians in Revolution and War’
- Film | Review | The Big Short: Laughter in the Dark