Interviews, New in Ceasefire - Wednesday, January 23, 2013 23:38 - 6 Comments
Interview | Mali’s Festival au Désert | Manny Ansar: “We remain optimists, despite the circumstances”
Festival au Désert, a landmark event founded 13 years ago this week by a collective of North Malian Touareg musicians has been cancelled this year. In an exclusive interview conducted on the eve of French military intervention, the festival's founding director spoke to Ceasefire's Oualid Khelifi.
New in Ceasefire, Politics - Monday, April 9, 2012 18:36 - 7 CommentsIn an exclusive report on the current upheavals in Mali, including on-the-ground interviews, Ceasefire's Oualid Khelifi provides an overview of the multi-dimensional complexities of the country's predicament, which have been largely ignored in mainstream coverage.
New in Ceasefire, Politics - Saturday, February 25, 2012 12:00 - 0 CommentsTomorrow, Senegal votes for a new president with the incumbent, Abdoulaye Wade, running for a third term after a controversial constitutional amendment and widespread weeks-long protests. Oualid Khelifi reports from Dakar.
- Comment | Beyond Prevent: How to Really Defeat Violent Extremism
- Analysis | Borders are a weapon of racism and austerity, not a solution to either
- Comment | To Leave or Not to Leave the EU: A British Muslim Perspective
- Analysis | Billionaire Republicans and Professional Islamophobes: The Pro-Israel lobby in Brussels
- Analysis | Their Violence, Our Values: A History of European Responses to Political Dissent
More In Politics
- Comment | Anti-Imperialism: A Short Guide in 7 Steps
- Comment | Growing international recognition of Western Sahara offers new hope for Africa’s Last Colony
- Politics | “We are the lions, Mr. Manager”: Revisiting the Great Grunwick Strike
- Comment | The Government’s Extremism Bill will do little to prevent extremism and much to undermine democracy and civil liberties
- Comment | This victory shows we can, and must, shut down the DSEI arms fair for good
More In Features
- Special Report | “The world has a responsibility to get this blockade on Gaza lifted”: Women’s Boat to Gaza illegally detained by Israel
- Special Report | Does the Prevent strategy have any credibility left?
- Special Report | “Solidarity is being criminalised”: Anger as Greek police raids refugee housing squats and camps
- Special Report | Miracles and Mirages: Greed and corruption have created a doping epidemic in Sport
- Special Report | From Women Refugees to International Students: The State’s War on Migrants
More In Profiles
More In Arts & Culture
- Books | Review | Corbyn: The Strange Rebirth of Radical Politics
- Film | Review | The Journey from Syria: “I wish we could have this life in our country”
- Film | Review | Batman v Superman: Dawn of Nihilism and Mansplaining
- Books | Review | ‘Burning Country: Syrians in Revolution and War’
- Film | Review | The Big Short: Laughter in the Dark