New in Ceasefire, West Bank Diary - Friday, February 15, 2013 19:28 - 2 Comments
In his latest report from Palestine, Derek Oakley looks at the effects of water and environmental degradation caused by Israeli settlements on the livelihoods of Palestinians.
New in Ceasefire, West Bank Diary - Sunday, January 27, 2013 16:42 - 0 CommentsReflecting on conversations with people on 'both sides' of the Israel-Palestine divide, Derek Oakley explores the significance of 1948, and the prospect of Palestinians returning to their homes.
New in Ceasefire, Special Reports - Tuesday, January 15, 2013 17:05 - 1 CommentWhile monitoring the effects of occupation for a Human Rights organisation in the West Bank, Derek Oakley reports on the African asylum seekers suffering racism and abuse inside Israeli territory.
Arts & Culture, Film & TV, Music & Dance, New in Ceasefire - Friday, June 22, 2012 0:00 - 1 CommentAs a new documentary by Pablo Navarrete, Jody Mcintyre and Lowkey is being released this summer, Derek Oakley went to a special screening of Navarrete's earlier film "inside the revolution" and reflects on its depiction of Venezuela, Chavez and the people living revolution.
Arts & Culture, New in Ceasefire, Theatre - Sunday, May 13, 2012 0:00 - 0 CommentsPart of the 'Globe to Globe' programme of 37 plays in 37 languages, the SSTC's Cymbeline is heavy with historical and political parallels. Ceasefire's Derek Oakley is impressed.
New in Ceasefire, Politics - Saturday, April 21, 2012 0:00 - 2 CommentsWhile staunchly denouncing the Assad regime, Saudi Arabia's rulers have stamped down hard on dissent at home, outlawing protests and imprisoning opponents, all with the tacit support of the West. Derek Oakley examines the case of detained poet Hamza Kashgari, currently facing execution over twitter comments.
- Comment | To Leave or Not to Leave the EU: A British Muslim Perspective
- Analysis | Billionaire Republicans and Professional Islamophobes: The Pro-Israel lobby in Brussels
- Analysis | Their Violence, Our Values: A History of European Responses to Political Dissent
- Comment | Education as Resistance: Western Sahara’s Rising Generation
- Comment | Environment of Hate: The New Normal for Muslims in the UK
More In Politics
- Politics | “We are the lions, Mr. Manager”: Revisiting the Great Grunwick Strike
- Comment | The Government’s Extremism Bill will do little to prevent extremism and much to undermine democracy and civil liberties
- Comment | This victory shows we can, and must, shut down the DSEI arms fair for good
- Politics | “She did not die; she multiplied”: Honouring Berta Cáceres
- Comment | The Brussels Attacks: Our pain and rage are immense, but we need reason and understanding more than ever
More In Features
- Special Report | Miracles and Mirages: Greed and corruption have created a doping epidemic in Sport
- Special Report | From Women Refugees to International Students: The State’s War on Migrants
- Special Report | Bazaar Politics: Uncovering Social Cleansing In the Heart of London
- Politics | Interview | Director Kirby Dick: “Sexual assault on college campuses is an epidemic”
- Special Report | The Lawyer, the Mohammed Cartoon Exhibition and the ‘Civil War’ that Wasn’t
More In Profiles
More In Arts & Culture
- Books | Review | Corbyn: The Strange Rebirth of Radical Politics
- Film | Review | The Journey from Syria: “I wish we could have this life in our country”
- Film | Review | Batman v Superman: Dawn of Nihilism and Mansplaining
- Books | Review | ‘Burning Country: Syrians in Revolution and War’
- Film | Review | The Big Short: Laughter in the Dark