New in Ceasefire, West Bank Diary - Friday, February 15, 2013 19:28 - 2 Comments
In his latest report from Palestine, Derek Oakley looks at the effects of water and environmental degradation caused by Israeli settlements on the livelihoods of Palestinians.
New in Ceasefire, West Bank Diary - Sunday, January 27, 2013 16:42 - 0 CommentsReflecting on conversations with people on 'both sides' of the Israel-Palestine divide, Derek Oakley explores the significance of 1948, and the prospect of Palestinians returning to their homes.
New in Ceasefire, Special Reports - Tuesday, January 15, 2013 17:05 - 1 CommentWhile monitoring the effects of occupation for a Human Rights organisation in the West Bank, Derek Oakley reports on the African asylum seekers suffering racism and abuse inside Israeli territory.
Arts & Culture, Film & TV, Music & Dance, New in Ceasefire - Friday, June 22, 2012 0:00 - 1 CommentAs a new documentary by Pablo Navarrete, Jody Mcintyre and Lowkey is being released this summer, Derek Oakley went to a special screening of Navarrete's earlier film "inside the revolution" and reflects on its depiction of Venezuela, Chavez and the people living revolution.
Arts & Culture, New in Ceasefire, Theatre - Sunday, May 13, 2012 0:00 - 0 CommentsPart of the 'Globe to Globe' programme of 37 plays in 37 languages, the SSTC's Cymbeline is heavy with historical and political parallels. Ceasefire's Derek Oakley is impressed.
New in Ceasefire, Politics - Saturday, April 21, 2012 0:00 - 2 CommentsWhile staunchly denouncing the Assad regime, Saudi Arabia's rulers have stamped down hard on dissent at home, outlawing protests and imprisoning opponents, all with the tacit support of the West. Derek Oakley examines the case of detained poet Hamza Kashgari, currently facing execution over twitter comments.
- Comment | Beyond Prevent: How to Really Defeat Violent Extremism
- Analysis | Borders are a weapon of racism and austerity, not a solution to either
- Comment | To Leave or Not to Leave the EU: A British Muslim Perspective
- Analysis | Billionaire Republicans and Professional Islamophobes: The Pro-Israel lobby in Brussels
- Analysis | Their Violence, Our Values: A History of European Responses to Political Dissent
More In Politics
- Analysis | Burning Down the House: The Danger of Normalising Trump’s Fascism
- Comment | Anti-Imperialism: A Short Guide in 7 Steps
- Comment | Growing international recognition of Western Sahara offers new hope for Africa’s Last Colony
- Politics | “We are the lions, Mr. Manager”: Revisiting the Great Grunwick Strike
- Comment | The Government’s Extremism Bill will do little to prevent extremism and much to undermine democracy and civil liberties
More In Features
- Special Report | “The world has a responsibility to get this blockade on Gaza lifted”: Women’s Boat to Gaza illegally detained by Israel
- Special Report | Does the Prevent strategy have any credibility left?
- Special Report | “Solidarity is being criminalised”: Anger as Greek police raids refugee housing squats and camps
- Special Report | Miracles and Mirages: Greed and corruption have created a doping epidemic in Sport
- Special Report | From Women Refugees to International Students: The State’s War on Migrants
More In Profiles
More In Arts & Culture
- Books | Review | Corbyn: The Strange Rebirth of Radical Politics
- Film | Review | The Journey from Syria: “I wish we could have this life in our country”
- Film | Review | Batman v Superman: Dawn of Nihilism and Mansplaining
- Books | Review | ‘Burning Country: Syrians in Revolution and War’
- Film | Review | The Big Short: Laughter in the Dark